Bubb lower ball joint question

67townandcountry

Reaction score
Hey guys new to the site I picked up a 67 Chrysler town and country with factory disc brakes by bubb I know the lower ball joints are unique to these things are there any new available and I’ve also seen on here people say they have rebuilt them how is that done

7DA4CC19-AD03-4860-BC0D-34BC4A076150.jpeg

Welcome, nice 67 you have there. Give these guys a try, I know they often have the lower ball joints available. If you don’t see it on the site, give them a call.

BALL JOINT

Welcome! That is a beautiful wagon you have there. Do your lower ball joints need replaced? The reason I'm asking is that any new replacement you might find is going to be foreign made, and of inferior quality. If you put some fresh grease in the ball joints and then check for free play, you might be surprised. Chrysler had the most stout front end parts of all the car manufacturers back in the day. When I did PA safety inspections the allowable free play was always a few thousandths more than GM or Ford. You would use a dial indicator to measure and compare your reading with the spec chart. Hope this info helps and keep us posted on your progress.

Hey guys new to the site I picked up a 67 Chrysler town and country with factory disc brakes by bubb I know the lower ball joints are unique to these things are there any new available and I’ve also seen on here people say they have rebuilt them how is that done

View attachment 583390
WOW - what a fantastic wagon. The Budd brakes have their issues, but are worth it in stopping ability........ There's a lot of good information on the Imperial Club page, too: www.imperialclub.com, BUT remember that only a few of the parts are common between the T&C wagon and Imperial. I'm inclined to agree with mrfury68 above on checking what you have before just replacing....... Good luck.

Back