Build Sheet

aretee

Reaction score
Found the remains of a build sheet for my 300 between the front bumper bracket & frame rail today. I'd guess it was on the sub frame when it was assembled, and the bumper was installed right over it. The sheet matches the one out of the rear seat, just very suprised to find it there.

S5031470.jpg

S5031473.jpg

That's a new one on me too, very kool!

broadcast sheet

I found one in that location on my 68 Newport sportgrain.... Passenger side between the frame rail and bumper bracket. I also located two others in the car,

I found one in that location on my 68 Newport sportgrain.... Passenger side between the frame rail and bumper bracket. I also located two others in the car,

Mine was on the drivers side; I also have one from the backseat.

My current car had two.
Under the rear seat as expected and to my surprise under the driver's seat.

I once had a Fury that came from the factory black. I KNOW it came black because I saw the car new when I was 17 in 1966.
The build sheet called for green.
Sure enough, I started to do body work and it had a coat of green...

My current car had two.
Under the rear seat as expected and to my surprise under the driver's seat.

I once had a Fury that came from the factory black. I KNOW it came black because I saw the car new when I was 17 in 1966.
The build sheet called for green.
Sure enough, I started to do body work and it had a coat of green...

Did it get repainted black at the factory?

Did it get repainted black at the factory?
Yes. I can say with 101% certainty.
I knew the lady who bought it brand new.
I worked in a gas station.
She drove it from the dealer straight to the gas station to get it it's first full tank of gas. I filled it up.
I read the window sticker (black with blue interior). I have my reasons why that stands out so vividly.
Little did I know that 35 years later I would own it.
Strange but true.

Last edited:
dealer repaint

I know of one 69 Dodge daytona that was delivered to the dealer in orange. After over a year on the lot with no takers it was finally sold with the provision that it be repainted black before delivery. It's documented by an invoice. The car is in the hands of the second owner and is still wearing the black repaint.

Yes. I can say with 101% certainty.
I knew the lady who bought it brand new.
I worked in a gas station.
She drove it from the dealer straight to the gas station to get it it's first full tank of gas. I filled it up.
I read the window sticker (black with blue interior). I have my reasons why that stands out so vividly.
Little did I know that 35 years later I would own it.
Strange but true.

You bought the lady?

Back