Buy this Pittman Arm. Now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PITTMAN-ARM...Parts_Accessories&hash=item258c452c3a&vxp=mtr

Price:
US $50.00
Buy It Now
$_57.JPG

One for the Imperial guys, too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PITTMAN-ARM...Parts_Accessories&hash=item258c4474d1&vxp=mtr

Yep, manual steering. I found many of those when looking for my power steering version. Had to get one from one the the Mopar parts guys at $125.

The hard part to find at a reasonable price for the Imperials is the idler arm, not necessarily the pitman arm. Usually Rare Parts is the only source of the idler arms, which are rebuilt ones from cores - but very well done.

Idler arms for Imps are like hens teeth. Call Murry Park if your lucky he will still have a good used one.

i got a power steering pitman arm this week from PST for the 68 fury,, it was a hundy. the non power one was like $50.. but ya they are different if you have/dont have power steering matters.

side note - anyone ever drove a P/S car with no P/S?

my 68 cougar was like this. it helped build up my forearms :)

Yes, it is worse than Manual Steering

Now what about a C-Body with manual steering, I have much harder than an A-Body and a 1970 D-200 Truck.

Alan

My Sport Fury has manual steering (and brakes), and yes, it's like a truck. But I prefer it in my car to power. I suppose I'll kick myself if I don't buy that pitman arm...

i got a power steering pitman arm this week from PST for the 68 fury,, it was a hundy. the non power one was like $50.. but ya they are different if you have/dont have power steering matters.

my 68 cougar was like this. it helped build up my forearms :)

I have driven like that many times. Believe it or not, Mopars are easier to turn the wheel when power steering is lost than Ford or GM. I used to run my power steering Mopars purposely with no power steering pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back