Buying advice on 1960 Chrysler wagons

AussieB

Reaction score
Hi guys

I've been looking for an Exner wagon for many years and have found a 1960 Windsor in decent condition, running and driving with a 383.

I'm located in Australia so it's a hard car to find and get parts for, the engine is easy to get parts but brakes etc. are harder. Any recommendations?

Also any advice of potential pitfalls for the '60 model would be greatly valued.

No photos at the moment but will post here if it checks out and I become a wagon owner!

Cheers.

AussieB,
As Ross mentions ^^^ above ^^^ , I have all the Brake parts for this vehicle and a whoooooooole lot more.....

I have the Master Cylinder, All SIX (6) Wheel Cylinders, the Brake Hoses, Brake Shoes, and more......

Good Luck in the possible purchase......
Craig....

Thanks for the replies guys, SGT FURY, well noted on the tank, will check if it's a good'un, Craig I'm sure I will have to speak with you at some point re. brakes.

Thanks again!

Chk the tailgate and rear floor for rust. The window seal at the bottom is usually gone and the tailgate fills up with water and gets on the rear floor also. If it has power windows, make sure they all work, pot metal cast head breaks. Good thing the 60-64 Dodge Plymouth share a lot of parts.

DSC02213.jpg

Thanks Dan good advice. Gorgeous wagon, is it a '63? The one I'm looking at it's nearly as nice yours.

This Windsor has a small amount of rust in the tailgate and the floor has been replaced at some point. Couple of small bubbles in rear quarters but nothing much else.

Good to know about the shared parts, makes it easier!

Thanks

Agree on checking for rust especially the rear cargo / wheelwell area these are always rusted out on wagons.

Another item - Are all the exterior moldings on / with the car ?
Except for the rear tailgate and rear side window surround moldings and some front windshield moldings. Most all of the other trim and exterior moldings on 1960-64 models are unique to wagons and also unique to each model / year [Chrysler/Plymouth/Dodge]

If you end up purchasing the wagon, I can provide more information on what moldings interchange.

Agree on checking for rust especially the rear cargo / wheelwell area these are always rusted out on wagons.

Another item - Are all the exterior moldings on / with the car ?
Except for the rear tailgate and rear side window surround moldings and some front windshield moldings. Most all of the other trim and exterior moldings on 1960-64 models are unique to wagons and also unique to each model / year [Chrysler/Plymouth/Dodge]

If you end up purchasing the wagon, I can provide more information on what moldings interchange.
Thanks for the info, always appreciated. Will definitely check the rear esp. wheelwell etc.
Thanks again.

Good Evening
Murray Park (cbodies.com) specializes in used parts. He exports all over the world.
Many You Tube video's on a fellow Aussie who makes trips to the states to buy parts and running cars.
Sometimes had to get a hold of, but he probably has any trim or '60 unique items
Omni

Good Evening
Murray Park (cbodies.com) specializes in used parts. He exports all over the world.
Many You Tube video's on a fellow Aussie who makes trips to the states to buy parts and running cars.
Sometimes had to get a hold of, but he probably has any trim or '60 unique items
Omni
Thanks Omni, appreciate the info. Was just watching said YouTube vids on Murray and Fletch from Australia over the weekend!
So many great things in Murray's yard!
Thanks again.

Back