C bodies and the leaning tower...

drpreposterous

Reaction score
Just curious...
I know the Fury had the 225 Slant Six as standard equipment, but were very many so equipped? How did they perform? Owners, have you "HyperPak'd" them up? Is mileage any better than with a 318 or 383? Thanks, for any input.

Can't speak for a C Body, but I had the 225 in a '70 Challenger. I got 27 on the highway regularly. A great motor. If I had it today I would build that motor!

Like this:
IMG_4363.JPG
Same car, different show, different year. It was for sale at this show:
IMG_4164.JPG
Posted this one that was for sale over a year ago. In rough shape, but...
IMG_0001.JPG
It had the Leaning Tower of Power!
IMG_0010.JPG

Just curious...
I know the Fury had the 225 Slant Six as standard equipment, but were very many so equipped? How did they perform? Owners, have you "HyperPak'd" them up? Is mileage any better than with a 318 or 383? Thanks, for any input.

If you stop and think about it, there tons of them as they were taxi cabs, service vehicles, the list is endless. The amout of taxis in NYC, Chicago, S.F., L.A., all those big city cabs maybe 90% had slants in them. Fury's, Belvedere's, whatever else they had . Just boggles the mind how many there were and the one's that were yanked for a V8 transplant.

IMAG0153.jpg
IMG_20151105_112701.jpg

Got one in the Belvedere. Shaved .100 off the head and installed the dual 1bbl Offenhauser. I have no idea about the gas mileage. When the gauge reads E I fill it up. Goes pretty good now. Thinking about Dutra duals and some taller gears. We'll see.....

I've seen one just recently.. trying to remember where that was though...:rolleyes:

Oh Yah! it's in the Seneca I just bought!:lol:
IMG_2213.JPG

View attachment 128360 View attachment 128361
Got one in the Belvedere. Shaved .100 off the head and installed the dual 1bbl Offenhauser. I have no idea about the gas mileage. When the gauge reads E I fill it up. Goes pretty good now. Thinking about Dutra duals and some taller gears. We'll see.....

Wow! That is too nice to just hit the "like button".

See? This proves I can like mods from stock. They just have to be useful, nice mods.

I fondly remember my father's 65 Fury I, two door sedan, slant six and three on the tree. He purchased it new in 65 and I thought it was the coolest car I had ever seen. I remember he would usually wind it out in first gear and then shift to third. Not sure why he didn't just get an automatic if he didn't like shifting. Anyways, he drove that thing for years until the Pennsylvania winters (salt) took its toll. I'd love to find one like it today.
Good times...

View attachment 128360 View attachment 128361
AH, abloch, Far'z I know Clifford in SoCal bought ALL Doug Dutra's stuff AND THE RIGHTS 20-25 YEARZ AGO. Both exhaust halvez, and his Hyper-Pack sand molds for aluminum castingz. I still have one of he's Virgin cast iron split exhausts for the front 3, and I pitched the customized "candelabra" cast iron exhausts for the the back 3 exhaust I made when I moved south ah couple yearz ago. If you go that route I also have an aluminum intake I picked up in Australia for one of my /s that's never been used.Same intake Mother installed on the 265 Hemi H.E. Australian Chargerz only cast for the /6. It will mount 3 38MM side draft Webers to feed all 6 holez separately that'll make ANY /6 haul arse and make music like the dirt circle trackerz used to make above the 6K range, and will out preform the Hyper-Pack too! BTW, Clifford also haz the linkage to tweak and set up those side draft Weberz on that intake as well. If you need any information about this, start a conversation with me and we'll chat, Jer

Back