C bodies for sale @ fall carlisle

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdh157

Reaction score
Contact seller
1961 desoto 2 dr htp, 53K

1967 fury 4 dr sdn, 6500

1969 polara 500 conv, 27,500 (no ,i'm not kidding - now ya see what the he!! i'm talknig abt? if its here, either junk or way overpriced), 383, console, AC

1968 polara conv, 11,900, 383-4, console

1977 new yorker 4 dr htp, sunroof, 2900, loaded like you'd expect

1968 town & country wagon, nice orig cali car, has orig blk plates with it, $7950

I will post pics in a bit - have to resize them as they are too big. I only walked the corral and maybe 1/4 of the rest, ankle is pretty sore. the rest is prob 90% parts, etc

pics!

DSCN0954 (1024x768).jpgDSCN0957 (1024x768).jpgDSCN0958 (1024x768).jpgDSCN0959 (1024x768).jpgDSCN0960 (1024x768).jpgDSCN0963 (1024x768).jpg

DSCN0954 (1024x768).jpg

DSCN0957 (1024x768).jpg

DSCN0958 (1024x768).jpg

DSCN0959 (1024x768).jpg

DSCN0960 (1024x768).jpg

DSCN0963 (1024x768).jpg

I don't know what happens to people when they bring their cars to sell at Carlisle. Most have lost their minds asking for $$$ that just isn't close to actual values.

yes, my guess is that not much will sell........one thing i did notice - i did not see one car that had a 'sold' sign on it. this is the first time i can say that.

if that polara rag was priced correctly, I'd have tried to bargain for it. The good news is, since it is so overpriced, it is unlikely the europeans will buy it either. it's a nice driver, not perf, my guess is that he way overpaid from the dealer. being garage kept does not double the price, it's a $10-11 K car, I'd say.

oh, and for the record, you cannot swing a dead cat w/o hitting an impala or a coronet

Gee..... I coulda bought that 77 New Yorker and got my road wheel center cap.... !!!!!

OH-well..... To late now.

actually, there was nobody anywhere near it, i could have swiped it for ya!

yes, my guess is that not much will sell........one thing i did notice - i did not see one car that had a 'sold' sign on it. this is the first time i can say that.

if that polara rag was priced correctly, I'd have tried to bargain for it. The good news is, since it is so overpriced, it is unlikely the europeans will buy it either. it's a nice driver, not perf, my guess is that he way overpaid from the dealer. being garage kept does not double the price, it's a $10-11 K car, I'd say.

I don't know why everyone keeps saying boat loads of Mopar classics are going to Europe. Believe me......I lived their for 15 years, few and I mean few, go overseas. How many times a month do you see a Ferrari on the streets here? Once maybe? Well that would be about the same for Mopars overseas. Germany is about half the size of Texas............how many Mopars do you think are there? Finland is smaller than Montana. And as I said before.........a lot of the classics in Germany were sold or left behind by GI's. Do Europeans buy classic Mopars and send them overseas? Yes, but not in the numbers everyone thinks.

interesting side note: '68 polara 500 rag production was 792........nice and rare, interesting how the fuseys sold a lot less than slabs, but the demand is the opposite now

I don't know why everyone keeps saying boat loads of Mopar classics are going to Europe. Believe me......I lived their for 15 years, few and I mean few, go overseas. How many times a month do you see a Ferrari on the streets here? Once maybe? Well that would be about the same for Mopars overseas. Germany is about half the size of Texas............how many Mopars do you think are there? Finland is smaller than Montana. And as I said before.........a lot of the classics in Germany were sold or left behind by GI's. Do Europeans buy classic Mopars and send them overseas? Yes, but not in the numbers everyone thinks.

Not to contradict you, and I've never stepped foot Europe, but I see A LOT...MANY..youtube videos of Germans/Swedes/Brits showcasing old Mopars/Chryslers that they are proud to have nabbed in the states and then shipped them overseas. They seem to LOVE our old blvd cruiser; many of them tell stories of coming over here personally JUST to find an old Chrysler car from the 70's or 60's, as if they're on safari or something.....I don't know why they are so popular with them, I recall being in high school and reading about how Europeans thought Americans were thoughtless for driving big, bloated, gas guzzling cars while in Europe the people were progressive and intelligent because they were zooming around in "more ecologically" sound "smart vehicles". I don't know WHAT the heck changed over there but in my experience they really love our old cars.
Just my 2 cents

Last edited:
Not to contradict you, and I've never stepped foot Europe, but I see A LOT...MANY..youtube videos of Germans/Swedes/Brits showcasing old Mopars/Chryslers that they are proud to have nabbed in the states and then shipped them overseas. They seem to LOVE our old blvd cruiser; many of them tell stories of coming over here personally JUST to find an old Chrysler car from the 70's or 60's, as if they're on safari or something.....I don't know why they are so popular with them, I recall being in high school and reading about how Europeans thought Americans were thoughtless for driving big, bloated, gas guzzling cars while in Europe the people were progressive and intelligent because they were zooming around in "more ecologically" sound "smart vehicles". I don't know WHAT the heck changed over there but in my experience they really love our old cars.
Just my 2 cents

Not to start a battle....... how many European video's have you seen? 100, 200 maybe 300? There might be several thousand classics in Germany. American GI's have been leaving cars there since the 50's and probably account for half the classics there. Really...how many Mopars do you think are in a country half the size of Texas?

Dave, I lived there for 15 years.................

Good for you, when? Within the last ten years? Wander around the internet and see what is out there, and those are just the cars on the internet....Its not Just Finland or Sweden or Norway or Germany, its the other 12 countries in Europe picking them up too......Then there's Australia.

Not too many witnessed going to South America or Africa but in the 80's and 90's Japan was a big importer of old American iron.

Not to start a battle....... how many European video's have you seen? 100, 200 maybe 300? There might be several thousand classics in Germany. American GI's have been leaving cars there since the 50's and probably account for half the classics there. Really...how many Mopars do you think are in a country half the size of Texas?

Well I've seen enough to believe that its a fad that maybe a lot more popular than what most people are willing to admit...it's not just some passing thing......and I don't keep count of the videos b/c quite frankly I find it annoying to watch. I would also be willing to bet there are more mopars (as well as other American cars) going to and/or are already "in a country half the size of Texas" than you might think. I'm not sure what role geographical size plays in the mix but whatever.

"I recall being in high school " - when was that ?
and what are you driving today, asian made chevys or italian dodges - just like we.

these old cars are not daily drivers but hobby cars that are taken care of.
and if you can't find one back home you have to go were you might find one.

and yes there are boat loads of cars going from north america. one reason is that the week dollar and bad times in the states made the cars cheaper so you could afford buying one. internet also helps to find and buy cars much easier than earlier.

If it matters, those H.S years would be in the late 80's early 90's....and I'm driving a Chrysler today, and the car before that was...another Chrysler (a BIG one)....and then Dodges and before that a couple of Plymouths.

Speak for yourself about the hobby thing....it ain't a "hobby" with me, it's a way of life. That's the difference between some of us. I drive my Chrysler everyday. The Chrysler I had before this one...I drove everyday.....before that one, I drove it everyday. I take car of every car I ever owned like it was my baby, cause in fact it might as well be. I've had many many many many happy and blissful hours/days on the road, and I admit a few not so happy times as well; but when its a way of life ya gotta take the good with the bad. Perhaps I'm crazy; I get that accusation from the "hobby" crowd all the time....but I enjoy driving my Chrysler too much to park it. The only thing that has come close to making me consider parking it has been the recent gas prices which I bet ALL will agree hobby or no, are getting out of hand.

Good for you, when? Within the last ten years? Wander around the internet and see what is out there, and those are just the cars on the internet....Its not Just Finland or Sweden or Norway or Germany, its the other 12 countries in Europe picking them up too......Then there's Australia.

Not too many witnessed going to South America or Africa but in the 80's and 90's Japan was a big importer of old American iron.

"Japan was a big importer of old American iron"....WAS? Check out the Imperial Owners Club.....there's a guy from Japan over there with really nice 69' or 70' Imperial coup...checkout the yard the car is parked in..F-U-L-L of bad assed Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth Mopars.

I think they might still be grabbing a few American cars here and there.

Your right! WTF do I know!!!................ I'll just assume everything is going to Europe like most of the the experts (that were NEVER in Europe) claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back