c body dash tach

CanCritter

Reaction score
anyone have the P/N for the square dash tach in the 71 furrys? or where to find in manual

Thanx

I have some photos of the last one that I saw on e bay I can post later but I'm sure Ceebuddy has it right

I don't want to pull mine out of the CV to look for a number

Least l know what proper one looks like and have a part no. Thanx folks
For the fella thats has one squirled away will trade a 71 like new mopar hood tach. Has mopar logo on it

tachometer 2927 396.jpgC body tach part number.JPGC body tach rear.JPGC body tach.JPG

There you go girls, everyone point and click

tachometer 2927 396.jpg

C body tach part number.JPG

C body tach rear.JPG

C body tach.JPG

Now let's discuss what sense this pricey not very practically designed item makes in any C-Body. :)

Well, if your C-body is missing the one that it came with and there's a nice big old hole there now and you were restoring that C-body, then it might be priceless.
If it was the last item you needed for a 1 of 1 #1 car then it would be priceless plus your first born and your soul to the devil.

Well, if your C-body is missing the one that it came with and there's a nice big old hole there now and you were restoring that C-body, then it might be priceless.
If it was the last item you needed for a 1 of 1 #1 car then it would be priceless plus your first born and your soul to the devil.
In any instance a clock, oil gauge or blank plate will do just fine. Its a gotta have look what I got item. Just like Carsten thumping his chest...... And deservingly so.
If you have a dash for the Tach, you want a tach for the dash.

Do you remember that NOS tach on e bay ? Sold for over $ 800.
If it was the one about a decade ago, I do indeed remember. Before the price had rocketed into the stratosphere, I considered purchasing it myself to install in my 73' Polara. Fortunately I found a factory oil pressure gauge for a more reasonable price ($100) that included the entire left side of the dash. Sadly, I doubt very much that an aftermarket company would consider producing either of these "obscure" items.
:soapbox:

fc7_plumcrazy; [URL="http://s1090.photobucket.com/user/fc7_plumcrazy/media/crusty/Amibilder631_zpsa54bba12.jpg.html" said:

Whats up Carsten. Tach's at three grand ..... speedo at zero....! To much rubber on the rear tires....?
:poke:

If it was the one about a decade ago, I do indeed remember. Before the price had rocketed into the stratosphere, I considered purchasing it myself to install in my 73' Polara. Fortunately I found a factory oil pressure gauge for a more reasonable price ($100) that included the entire left side of the dash. Sadly, I doubt very much that an aftermarket company would consider producing either of these "obscure" items.
:soapbox:
No...just couple of years I believe. I've seen used go for several hundred

Back