C body vert prices??

And the little A proved to be " cheaper"?
Actually, yes. Body work (new quarter panels) and paint (presentable but not the best quality), new upholstery, and rechromed bumpers were all done 12 years ago. But, it does need a new convertible top and some mechanical work as its been in storage ever since. Paid $12.5k and may need to put another $4k into it. That would bring it close to the $17k price of the 66 Polara in Daytona, but still close to half the price of the 66 Sport Fury in Virginia. Yet since the Dart is a factory 340 GTS, I think its probably a better investment in the long run, even if its not quite as nice as those others. For a C body I wanted yellow, for an A body I wanted anything but green or red. The Dart is painted one of my favorite Mopar colors. The Bright Blue (Electric Blue Metallic) was a one year only shade of blue.
I still love my C-body 66 Sport Fury, and will always appreciate seeing C-body verts, but I'm glad I happened upon the Dart. A blue 68 factory 340 convertible has always been the "unicorn" car for me ever since I passed on an electric blue 68 Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible twenty years ago.
DSCN9638.JPG

You do realize now that you bought the Dart, a very reasonably priced c-body convertible will turn up very soon.

Of course. Like maybe this 66 Polara...
1966 Dodge Polara

Actually, yes. Body work (new quarter panels) and paint (presentable but not the best quality), new upholstery, and rechromed bumpers were all done 12 years ago. But, it does need a new convertible top and some mechanical work as its been in storage ever since. Paid $12.5k and may need to put another $4k into it. That would bring it close to the $17k price of the 66 Polara in Daytona, but still close to half the price of the 66 Sport Fury in Virginia. Yet since the Dart is a factory 340 GTS, I think its probably a better investment in the long run, even if its not quite as nice as those others. For a C body I wanted yellow, for an A body I wanted anything but green or red. The Dart is painted one of my favorite Mopar colors. The Bright Blue (Electric Blue Metallic) was a one year only shade of blue.
I still love my C-body 66 Sport Fury, and will always appreciate seeing C-body verts, but I'm glad I happened upon the Dart. A blue 68 factory 340 convertible has always been the "unicorn" car for me ever since I passed on an electric blue 68 Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible twenty years ago.View attachment 130028

Of course. Like maybe this 66 Polara...
1966 Dodge Polara

There ya go. . .

Well I was offered $20,000cdn the other day for Trixie
I'm giving it some serious consideration

Last edited:

Your 66 Canadian Dodge is very unique and very cool. With the prices I've seen recently for 1966 C body Dodge verts, that might very well be a fair price, but you might have a difficult time finding another 66 to replace it with for that price.

American and Canadian 67-68 C body Dodge verts tend to be less pricey than the 66. This Canadian 68 Monaco vert is priced at $12k
1968 dodge monico 500 convertible
This 68 Polara vert is $10k
1968 Dodge Polara
But its difficult to find a 66 Polara or Monaco in similar condition in the $10k-$12k price, and a 66 Sport Fury convertible in similar condition would be much higher than a comparable Polara.

Your 66 Canadian Dodge is very unique and very cool. With the prices I've seen recently for 1966 C body Dodge verts, that might very well be a fair price, but you might have a difficult time finding another 66 to replace it with for that price.

American and Canadian 67-68 C body Dodge verts tend to be less pricey than the 66. This Canadian 68 Monaco vert is priced at $12k
1968 dodge monico 500 convertible
This 68 Polara vert is $10k
1968 Dodge Polara
But its difficult to find a 66 Polara or Monaco in similar condition in the $10k-$12k price, and a 66 Sport Fury convertible in similar condition would be much higher than a comparable Polara.

I understand that I have a unique car since it is Canadian and appreciate these cars are now starting to receive the attention that they deserve.

Both you have shown are in the US and if you consider that we have a 35 to 40% disadvantage on the exchange rates here in Canada the asking prices would be @ 37% 16,440cdn & $13,700cdn respectively.
Both look nice but what are the car really like?
Both cars are reasonably priced in US $$

So mine in US$ would be $12,600 at a 37% exchange rate which makes it right in the ball park :)

Photos also can hide a multitude of sins (but I don't need to tell you that) as classic car owners we know what is what when we see a car in person.

I experienced a few bait and switch cars in Craigslist and kijiji here in Canada. No even the same cars shown in the photos.

but the market will only bear what buyers are willing to spend.

Since every other model is pretty much through the roof our beloved C bodies are bound to bring in some decent values these days even if we tag along behind the curve...

I personally can't afford 2 classic cars so since I have bought the Seneca , the Polara has to go.

I understand that I have a unique car since it is Canadian and appreciate these cars are now starting to receive the attention that they deserve.

Both you have shown are in the US and if you consider that we have a 35 to 40% disadvantage on the exchange rates here in Canada the asking prices would be @ 37% 16,440cdn & $13,700cdn respectively.
Both look nice but what are the car really like?
Both cars are reasonably priced in US $$

So mine in US$ would be $12,600 at a 37% exchange rate which makes it right in the ball park :)

Photos also can hide a multitude of sins (but I don't need to tell you that) as classic car owners we know what is what when we see a car in person.

I experienced a few bait and switch cars in Craigslist and kijiji here in Canada. No even the same cars shown in the photos.

but the market will only bear what buyers are willing to spend.

Since every other model is pretty much through the roof our beloved C bodies are bound to bring in some decent values these days even if we tag along behind the curve...

I personally can't afford 2 classic cars so since I have bought the Seneca , the Polara has to go.

$12,600 U.S. seems low for that car based on what I've seen lately for 66 Polara verts. Just a couple weeks ago there was a very rough looking 66 Polara vert for sale in South Carolina with a $14,500 asking price. The entire lower part of the body was painted flat black. That was probably done in an effort to hide rust or body filler.

I know how you feel...

i don't regret it, I'm considering my options. if I get the Seneca running in a road worthy state and if the Polara doesn't sell right away, and I'm not totally in lust with the Seneca then I'll move it on to another FL lover.
I really do want a 57 to 59 Lancer but that's a real pipe dream right now.
Still no regrets or tears over it. I just have to bide my time.

so from the 'disagrees" so far that is indicating that you don't want me to sell my Polara?
or that the price is too high or low?

Thanks for that... I can't justify the numbers I'm at right now either... but I know what is staying.

Now if Betty was available... nah, but she was a really sweet find.

so from the 'disagrees" so far that is indicating that you don't want me to sell my Polara?
or that the price is too high or low?
I just can't see how you could avoid the regret.

I just can't see how you could avoid the regret.
I understand Matt your comment
in fact my wife is questioning our decision as well
Thinking that we should clean Betty up and move her onto a new loving home before we got too attached
It's not cast in stone as I don't have cash or deposit in hand for the Polara
My ultimate goal is to end up with a 57 to 59 full finned FL 2dr HT
I have to take small steps to make this a reality
Right now I really can't afford 2 or more classic cars
I have a GoldWing for sale which will ease the situation

In reality I'm a rescuer of neglected cars or motorcycles...
Once it's done I tend to move onto another project
I've owned this Polara four years now which for a project is a long time for me
I never planned to flip it but it's not the perfect car for us
I also realize that I can't do this all my life so I'm trying to climb to want I really want and enjoy this as much as I can
My wife loves the finned cars too
The Art Deco design of the Exners is just something that I have fallen for
What can I say?
I was born in the wrong era..
I'm sure that this is the same for a lot of us here :rolleyes:
I'll keep you posted on if it sells

Thinking that we should clean Betty up and move her onto a new loving home before we got too attached

I also realize that I can't do this all my life so I'm trying to climb to want I really want and enjoy this as much as I can
What can I say?

I appreciate your feelings about your rescues and desire to move on to another level. I just sold a couple of my own (a '65 Harley panhead ElectraGlide and a '68 Mustang fastback), in order to fund other current and future projects.

Why have we not seen the '68 fastback??:wtf: My favorite Mustang by far.

What can I say?
I get it and respect that. I can't say I'm not guilty of the same. I had to buy and sell a few to get the ones I have now and I have too many. Eventually I will need to thin it down to 2 if all things remain the same.

Back