Came Home To This Cool Creature

azblackhemi

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Hanging out in our flower bed. Sent a picture to a wildlife rescue and was told he is young but should be able to fly anytime so just let him be. He's a Great Horned Owl. Misty isn't too sure about him but she stays away.
20190501_142009.jpg
20190501_142023.jpg

They are big beautiful owls. I remember pulling into my barn yard many years ago and one of them had a hold of one of our cats but couldn't take off because it was too heavy.

I drove right up to it with my car blowing the horn. It spun it head around and I could still see his head above my hood. He let loose of the cat and both took off.

Reminds me of this joke.

Judge

Well what do have to say for yourself? Im sure nothing you can come up with can excuse you of eating a bald eagle.

Hobo

I lost my car my wife my home my job my self respect and my way. And I was starving to death.

Judge

That’s a real hard luck story. I’m not going to throw you in prison and we’ll try to rehabilitate you.

Hobo (tears eyed)

Thank you your honor

Judge (whispering)

Come up here son.

I have one question that you must answer. What on earth does bald eagle taste like.... ???

Hobo

Well, not as salty as California condor but way sweeter than most spotted owls or snowy plovers.

and they threw away the key...

but he now has 3 squares a day and a roof over his head! He won after all.:rolleyes:

I friend told me he saw a bald eagle near us, I thought he was full of it until I saw one for myself, HUGE bird.

We have Bald Eagles at our lake for the past few years. Our normal birds of prey are red tails hawks which have about the same wingspan as a great horned owl, just under 5 feet. A bald eagle is 6 to 7 1/2 feet. The female is the larger of the breed.

I have a customer that lives in Alaska... apparently the eagles are like fly **** up there and he hates them like we hate seagulls! He told me a story about when he was fishing and a "******* eagle", his words not mine, dove into the water and took flight with his $20 lure and fishing rod ($100) of into the sky! Chased it but never found it. He was pissed!

Here we're in awe to see them up there they'd just as soon shoot 'em.

Beautiful owl!
We have a nesting pair of barn owls, its great to hear them call early in the morning usually just before daybreak. Seriously. Makes me feel good to know there's still the natural world out here. Bald eagles and redtail hawks are abundant too. I've even seen Coopers hawks nearby!

They are like flying rats in Alaska. Have a picture somewhere of 20-25 of them all sitting in one tree watching for salmon.

We get a family of them every year. They hang out in the tree behind our house. About 5 every evening they fly out to begin their hunting. The next morning while cleaning the dog poo I find remains of pidgeons on the lawn. We have little dogs so when they go out after dark I’m with them

We have Bald Eagles at our lake for the past few years. Our normal birds of prey are red tails hawks which have about the same wingspan as a great horned owl, just under 5 feet. A bald eagle is 6 to 7 1/2 feet. The female is the larger of the breed.
I see hawks all the time, only that one eagle though. A friend had a old barn on his property and there was a huge owl chillin out inside, I haven't seen many, but this one was huge.

Back