Can be possible?

josehf34

Reaction score
Hi guys

A time ago I saw a photo of a 1975 Plymouth Gran Fury that had a very nice interior, something like this new yorker interior, the same seats design and a very similar door panel and dash pad and rosewood design. Is this original? Can this be installed on a 1974 plymouth fury without body modifications?

thanks

Are you asking if a '75 Gran Fury can be swapped into a '74 Fury or a 74 - 78 Chrysler interior into the '74?
The Gran Fury to Fury is a seat and panel swap. Minor undertaking.
The New Yorker is a dash to stern swap. The dash swap makes it a hassle.
Any 74 - 78 seat is a simple swap but it depends if the power seat controls are on the door or the on the seat.
If you love the Bordello Chrysler seats, recover your Fury seats with Chrysler upholstery from SMS.

Last edited:
Are you asking if a '75 Gran Fury can be swapped into a '74 Fury or a 74 - 78 Chrysler interior into the '74?
The Gran Fury to Fury is a seat and panel swap. Minor undertaking.
The New Yorker is a dash to stern swap. The dash swap makes it a hassle.
Any 74 - 78 seat is a simple swap but it depends if the power seat controls are on the door or the on the seat.
If you love the Bordello Chrysler seats, recover your Fury seats with Chrysler upholstery from SMS.

Hi

I don't want to swap the dash but I want to have the dash pad, door panels and Bordello Chrysler seats of that new yorker but I don't want to have the power seat controls (that sounds like a lot of work and a lot of problems). About the front seats I don't know if can be enough with recover my Fury seats because my front seat is bench type and the seats of that image are look a big bucket seat with armrests

Ummmm.......
My advice? You're in over your head.
Fellow members Patrick and Mr. C showed me how the NYB dash pad and door panels (which have to be changed together) won't work on the Fury instrument panel.
Try to find a Fury Gran Sedan or Gran Coupe Brougham interior.
BUT, you have the problem of wiring up the passenger seat since you have the bench...

74_Fury0002.jpg

Last edited:
You cannot put the Chrysler dash pad into the Plymouth without swapping the cluster. The Chrysler used a larger cluster than the Dodge/ Plymouth. (see pics). Note the different configuration where the gas/ alternator gauge are in the speedo cluster on the Plymouth etc. This led to the Dodge/ Plymouth dashes having a step to them whereas the Imperial/ Chrysler dashes were flat. The Dodge/ Plymouth dash was also more rounded where the Chrysler was more square and the Imperial downright angular.

The Imperial/ NYB door panels require swapping out the inner door handle mechanism and cutting/ splicing in the different power window harness to work with the mini console in the lower door panel.

To change from bench to buckets requires drilling out the dimples in your floor (they'll be there or possibly pre-drilled with grommets). Your Plymouth will probably be pre-wired for the power seat...look for the black and red pigtail under the carpet- drivers side. Then I'd just plug and play.

dashboard.jpg

images.jpg

421678_15202219_1975_Chrysler_Imperial.jpg

DSCN5493-720x540.jpg

You cannot put the Chrysler dash pad into the Plymouth without swapping the cluster. The Chrysler used a larger cluster than the Dodge/ Plymouth. (see pics). Note the different configuration where the gas/ alternator gauge are in the speedo cluster on the Plymouth etc. This led to the Dodge/ Plymouth dashes having a step to them whereas the Imperial/ Chrysler dashes were flat. The Dodge/ Plymouth dash was also more rounded where the Chrysler was more square and the Imperial downright angular.

The Imperial/ NYB door panels require swapping out the inner door handle mechanism and cutting/ splicing in the different power window harness to work with the mini console in the lower door panel.

To change from bench to buckets requires drilling out the dimples in your floor (they'll be there or possibly pre-drilled with grommets). Your Plymouth will probably be pre-wired for the power seat...look for the black and red pigtail under the carpet- drivers side. Then I'd just plug and play.

You're right, I think will be better to desist from swapping the dash pad, will be better to buy a new one for murraybpark because my actual dash pad is all cracked

Ummmm.......
My advice? You're in over your head.
Fellow members Patrick and Mr. C showed me how the NYB dash pad and door panels (which have to be changed together) won't work on the Fury instrument panel.
Try to find a Fury Gran Sedan or Gran Coupe Brougham interior.
BUT, you have the problem of wiring up the passenger seat since you have the bench...

Those brougham interior looks nice, I'm going to ask to murraybpark for them. But I was thinking about the wiring about the passenger seat, Why not wire it in parallel with the driver side wires?

About the wiring I'm going to check the wires that are under the floor carpet If the car is pre-wired will be awesome to have power seats.

Other question: My car doesn't has power windows and no power door locks. Can I install this two thing or is very difficult?

To install power windows/ locks, you'd need to swap the applicable wiring harnesses from the doors into the body. Not to mention drilling the harness access from doors to body and swapping out the entire manual regulators for the power ones.

Not for the faint of heart.

is there something like a kit for power windows and locks? I don't know If I can resist look how somebody drills holes in my fury body but I want to have the information, Maybe when I do the body work, I would consider this conversion

There are kits to install power accessories into hot rods....I guess google that?

Jose, I think you need to look at the For Sale ads for New Yorker Broughams and sell the Fury.

If you use an aftermarket kit, stay away from Autoloc. I never used the stuff myself, but I've read of almost 100% failures of at least one component in the kit and terrible customer service after the sale.

I have read very good things about these guys. http://www.electric-life.com

I have no experience with them either.

Jose, I think you need to look at the For Sale ads for New Yorker Broughams and sell the Fury.

Isn't possible mr commando, I don't live in the U.S and my fury is the unique C-Body that I know in the entire city so I don't want to sell it but I want to know if is possible to make some upgrades like the power windows and locks, I would love to buy some cars but there are not available here :sad7:

PD: I already check the wires under the carpet and near of the driver side are about three wires unplugged and without terminal, those are the wires that you mentioned to use in the power seats?

There are kits to install power accessories into hot rods....I guess google that?

If you use an aftermarket kit, stay away from Autoloc. I never used the stuff myself, but I've read of almost 100% failures of at least one component in the kit and terrible customer service after the sale.

I have read very good things about these guys. http://www.electric-life.com

I have no experience with them either.

Thank you for all the recommendations that you gave to me, this information is very helpful

Where are you located?
Seems like there are more C-bodies overseas than here, sometimes...

I'm located in south america (Colombia) I only knows two C-Bodys, 1969 Dodge Polara and my 1974 Plymouth Fury. Here is easy to find A Body an B Body but not a C Body

[QUOTE
PD: I already check the wires under the carpet and near of the driver side are about three wires unplugged and without terminal, those are the wires that you mentioned to use in the power seats?[/QUOTE]

Two wires (red and black) on a "T" terminal are the power seats. The other connections, are probably for the seatbelt interlock...enable to say unless you specify the colour of the wires.

[QUOTE
PD: I already check the wires under the carpet and near of the driver side are about three wires unplugged and without terminal, those are the wires that you mentioned to use in the power seats?

Two wires (red and black) on a "T" terminal are the power seats. The other connections, are probably for the seatbelt interlock...enable to say unless you specify the colour of the wires.[/QUOTE]

The seatbelt interlock system is already enabled and working for driver and passenger seats so I think this must be for the power seats, in a moment I'm going to check the color and post it here

[QUOTE

Two wires (red and black) on a "T" terminal are the power seats. The other connections, are probably for the seatbelt interlock...enable to say unless you specify the colour of the wires.[/QUOTE]

Hi Mr C, the three wires are black but I found another green wire unplugged.

Sorry for revive this thread but I've a doubt about the holes that must be done to the body to install the power windows. I was cleaning the car and I notice that the car has holes in the center pillar and in the fron doors this nut appear to be hiding other hole.

Maybe the last owner tried to install the power windows?
2014-01-26174955_zpse1d120ad.jpg

2014-01-26174955_zpse1d120ad.jpg

Back