Can these be restored or fixed by...

66SportFury

Reaction score
Can these be fixed by having them powdered coated? I don't think they can be restored by having them chrome plated. There are a ton of pits. What do you guys think?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

You can have the chrome stripped off of them and work them back to smooth and rechrome.

I'm sure it would cost a ton of cash to have them restored.
Man, I'm so pissed that my insurance won't cover the damage. I feel like dropping them. I did add collision to my car though. So if this **** happens again, it'll be covered.

I would imagine having the stripped would be 30 - 50 then your time in working them smooth and clean. Probably somewhere between $100-$150 to have them chromed I would imagine.

They can be restored ....... cost, likely around $700.00 each at a pro chrome shop. Nice used or NOS would be the best choice. Powder coat will not fill pits in chrome.

Specialty Insurance will not cover prexisting damage due to normal aging. Thats why it's called "restoration". Once restored and documented then it would be covered if damaged.

If insured with a standard insurance co ..... your on your own.

They can be restored ....... cost, likely around $700.00 each at a pro chrome shop. Nice used or NOS would be the best choice. Powder coat will not fill pits in chrome.

Specialty Insurance will not cover prexisting damage due to normal aging. Thats why it's called "restoration". Once restored and documented then it would be covered if damaged.

If insured with a standard insurance co ..... your on your own.

I'm sorry, no my car was hit a few days ago in the passengers side rear. Not bad, but bad enough to where I need new housings now. The housing seen above are extra that I had laying around.

I'm sorry, no my car was hit a few days ago in the passengers side rear. Not bad, but bad enough to where I need new housings now. The housing seen above are extra that I had laying around.

AHhhhh .... I see. Sorry to hear that ..... uninsured motorest ....?
the housings you pictured could probably be cleaned up well enough to use as is until you find better. But to restore and rechrome would be ....... a lot....!

AHhhhh .... I see. Sorry to hear that ..... uninsured motorest ....?
the housings you pictured could probably be cleaned up well enough to use as is until you find better. But to restore and rechrome would be ....... a lot....!

Thanks, I'm going to try to straighten the one out that took the hit. It's not dented, but pushed in about 1" toward the center.

image.jpg

I hear ya! These are another set I had. They are the originals. I went with the smooth ones, but the passengers side housing took the hit...so I back to square one now.

image_zpsbad5522f.jpg

Back