70 Fury III vert restoration

furyous70

Reaction score
In the beginning stages of my project. It had a restoration about 20-30 years ago from what I can gather. If you can call it that. The guy must have owned stock in bondo. Needless to say the quarters are shot as well as the trunk/extensions. Does anyone have experience with Nor/am lower quarters? Looks like the only thing available. It also looks like c2c is the only ones that make trunk/floor panels. I've heard mostly negative things about their stuff. This is just going to be a driver. I'm thinking it would be better than what I have. I'm also looking for seat backs, front marker lights, and fender emblems. I'd appreciate any feedback.

IMG_20230714_173501348_HDR.jpg

Mopar Muscle Magazine on the internet is also rebuilding a '70 Fury III convert in your same color with same issues. They have several videos on YouTube. Here is my '70 Fury III.

100_0411.JPG

In the beginning stages of my project. It had a restoration about 20-30 years ago from what I can gather. If you can call it that. The guy must have owned stock in bondo. Needless to say the quarters are shot as well as the trunk/extensions. Does anyone have experience with Nor/am lower quarters? Looks like the only thing available. It also looks like c2c is the only ones that make trunk/floor panels. I've heard mostly negative things about their stuff. This is just going to be a driver. I'm thinking it would be better than what I have. I'm also looking for seat backs, front marker lights, and fender emblems. I'd appreciate any feedback.

View attachment 642852
Most of the after market panels are junk, poor fit and much thinner metal. Find a solid parts car and raid it for parts. The lower quarter radii and trunk extensions are the same on a '70 Fury for both 2 and 4 doors. The complete rear quarters are unique to the vert. You will need to find a 2 Dr and cut a patch panel for the area from the door post to the wheel house. The wheel houses will need to be inspected for rust holes and patched as necessary. There is large metal beam inside of the rockers for body reinforcement. The outer rocker shell can be replaced without removing the beam. Front fenders are the same for '70 furies except the sport fury and sport fury GT. You will also need to inspect the sub frame and frame rails for rust, if they are extensively rusted, it will cost more than the car is worth to repair. I like this car and the color, and from what I can see, it does not look like a hopeless case. The trunk floor on the '70 vert is nearly always rusted as these cars shipped water around the rear window which got under the rubber trunk mat and rotted out the floor.

Dave

View attachment 642852

Seat backs here.

Most of the after market panels are junk, poor fit and much thinner metal. Find a solid parts car and raid it for parts. The lower quarter radii and trunk extensions are the same on a '70 Fury for both 2 and 4 doors. The complete rear quarters are unique to the vert. You will need to find a 2 Dr and cut a patch panel for the area from the door post to the wheel house. The wheel houses will need to be inspected for rust holes and patched as necessary. There is large metal beam inside of the rockers for body reinforcement. The outer rocker shell can be replaced without removing the beam. Front fenders are the same for '70 furies except the sport fury and sport fury GT. You will also need to inspect the sub frame and frame rails for rust, if they are extensively rusted, it will cost more than the car is worth to repair. I like this car and the color, and from what I can see, it does not look like a hopeless case. The trunk floor on the '70 vert is nearly always rusted as these cars shipped water around the rear window which got under the rubber trunk mat and rotted out the floor.

Dave
Thanks. I think I'll be hard pressed to find a rust free donor car around here. If I did would I want to cut it up? What years would have the same furyiii fender emblems and dash? My dash is terrible but the rest of the interior is decent. The subframe looks pretty solid. The 383 runs great. I found invoices in the glovebox and it appears to have been rebuilt. They also put a 4bbl intake on it. Code shows it was originally a 2bbl car. I'm sure I'll find more surprises as I get into it more.

$35 shipped to you,removed from 70 Fury III convertible,think front turn lights are decent, will have to check i have other parts if needed private message me if interested, also I pin is broke on one of the III

IMG_1481.jpg

IMG_1480.jpg

No wheel well trim is always a give-away something is amiss.

yup and the tires wont clear with em on - this car's axle is a wider 1 from a 70 Polara.
which is 1.4" wider than the ones used on furys. 63.4 vs 62
also these panels dont have the right chamfered (?) edge for the trim.
but they were all we had to work with..........

View attachment 642852
That is a beautiful car

$35 shipped to you,removed from 70 Fury III convertible,think front turn lights are decent, will have to check i have other parts if needed private message me if interested, also I pin is broke on one of the III
front markers
@66l78rat -- if this red parts car is a 1970 Fury iii 'vert, and it is not the same car as the one with the blue arm rests (see this thread), would you be willing to post the red car's fender tag (and any other pics of it) for historical records?

Ayilar, rusty Michigan car I dragged out of a garage about 2 years ago before it got scrapped.I removed the very decent black bench interior which I still have.I have actually ¨sold¨ the interior twice now to out of staters who have both failed to find a way to pick it up here in Mi. Still has lots of goodies I need to remove.

IMG_1506.jpg

IMG_1505.jpg

IMG_1504.jpg

Back