Can you tell me where this spring connects? Edelbrock Carb on 66 Plym 383

Evan Jansen

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I got my car back from the bodyshop where some theft-damage was repaired. It drove back sluggish and when I looked at the carb, I found the spring laying on the manifold (circled in blue on 2nd photo). I can't figure out where it goes. My mechanic son-in-law couldn't either.

It is a 66 Sport Fury with a 383. I had the original Carter replaced with the Edelbrock about 3 years back.

Thank you to any of you that can tell me where it goes or send a picture of a similar installation.

Box.jpg

Carb Frontal Close.jpg

Carb frontal.jpg

Drv Side.jpg

Pass Side.jpg

You should have a spring from the kick down linkage to the bracket that the carb spring is connected to, also your kick down linkage is upside down. it needs to be disconnected at the pivot and rotate 180 degrees so that the bend angels the end down, if you see what I mean

I found that it went from linkage to the end of the bracket. Just as mlittle said thanks. Need to work on the kick down linkage being upside down next? It does have Speed-control unit, so need to work around that.
Thanks for the guidance.

Drv Side mrk.jpg

And use a correct Mopar throttle stud.
Lemondana - I didn't know I was using the incorrect one. I will look to see if I can find that. How does that affect performance? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Back