Can't read my $#%^%% sockets any more.

My Father worked in the Fastener and Tool industry. You could chuck a bolt at his head in the dark and he'd correctly list off hex size, thread type, shoulder size, material, finish and god damned country of origin.
I am thankful, more so as I approach 40, that this ability was passed on to me. .. cuz my sh** is a mess, man.

Well I got my stickers today.
They would work on the bigger sockets, the small ones, not so much.

The smaller metric stuff is the hardest for me to read.
My standard 3/8 drive socket rack starts at 3/8, 7/16,1/2 etc. That's easy.

That etching video is cool, but again, the little stuff is what matters the most.
You can't do the 1/4 drive stuff.
Besides, I don't have the patience for all that.

Sears can have my $300.

Been wearing trifocals for quite abfew years now with the lower part of the lens sans magnification.
Nowadays I cant see up close any more.
Got an eye appt Tuesdeay I bet I get scheduled for an operation.
Past few exams the doc said I was getting new cars. Cadillacs no less!

ROR.jpg

I'm in Cantflip's boat. I've been wearing glasses for as long as I can remember, probably about 10 or 12 and honestly needed them before that. I'm the purchaser where I work, the guys in the shop are always bring me parts that tiny numbers on them. They get the biggest kick out of me taking my glasses of and reading stuff that they cannot read with lighted magnifying glasses.

Yeah, but, how much will she pay for a pair of shoes?

She actually wants an MG midget. (is that even PC to say anymore?)

I wish she just wanted some shoes.

The last British motor vehicle I owned was a 1970 Triumph Bonneville , with Lucas (prince of darkness) lighting.
British engineering is not very impressive.

I did do a head gasket job on a 99 Land Rover, it wasn't actually too bad, but anyhow.

Does anyone here know anything about MGs? What years are better? Anything at all?

She actually wants an MG midget. (is that even PC to say anymore?)

I wish she just wanted some shoes.

The last British motor vehicle I owned was a 1970 Triumph Bonneville , with Lucas (prince of darkness) lighting.
British engineering is not very impressive.

I did do a head gasket job on a 99 Land Rover, it wasn't actually too bad, but anyhow.

Does anyone here know anything about MGs? What years are better? Anything at all?
Land Rover was either a Buick 215 variant or a 4.6 Ford... should have been easy to deal with. I think they weren't Lucas anymore by then either.

All I can tell you about MG is it will be a PITA, but being a C Body guy... you should be used to that.

Try the shoes again...:poke:

Land Rover was either a Buick 215 variant or a 4.6 Ford... should have been easy to deal with. I think they weren't Lucas anymore by then either.

All I can tell you about MG is it will be a PITA, but being a C Body guy... you should be used to that.

Try the shoes again...:poke:
The Rover motor is based on the Buick/Olds 215 aluminum V8

Back