Can't remember. 69 Polara 500 'vert. Blue/white/white

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I get this straight: You have a well to have your water supply, no distribution through distribution lines from the water works ?
Why are you shocked. Most of this country once you get out of urban areas are on well water.

Not shocked, this is very uncommon over here, they have lines in most cases even to remote places, for most part you are actually forced by law to be connected to the lines.

I'm right on the edge of city water and sewer service area and glad I have it!!!

Housing/building codes are also very strict so you also don't have that many remote housing outside urban areas, not to mention this is a too small country in the first place.

I'll bet the former "Eastern German cousins" still have a lot of water wells.

Yes cm23uoc.......my own water supply

the entire system outside the house is almost 12 yrs old

this is going to cost me a lot of $$, just hoping for anythnig but the dry well. The water has a lot of sediment so it has been hard on the pump, I am sure.

I'll bet the former "Eastern German cousins" still have a lot of water wells.

The amount of money they pumped over there through the "solidarity tax" I find on my paycheck every month since they tore down the wall should have financed them golden faucets by now. Condition of the streets is said to be way better than in the former west as I'm told, never been "over there" since 1986.

I wish the best for you but it sounds like you need to go deeper with a new well.
i hope I'm wrong.

Yes cm23uoc.......my own water supply

the entire system outside the house is almost 12 yrs old

this is going to cost me a lot of $$, just hoping for anythnig but the dry well. The water has a lot of sediment so it has been hard on the pump, I am sure.

So you also have water treatment included then to make it "adable" ?

The money we pay for drinking water over the years would probably make an own well worthwhile if it wasn't illegal, but our quality is therfore at least top notch.

The amount of money they pumped over there through the "solidarity tax" I find on my paycheck every month since they tore down the wall should have financed them golden faucets by now. Condition of the streets is said to be way better than in the former west as I'm told, never been "over there" since 1986.

My last trip over to the "Eastern Bloc" was early 1992 so I haven't seen the progress of your Solidarity Tax first hand.......yet.

I plan on going back for visit....maybe after I retire for good. I don't want to be on a timetable. I'll be visiting the Augsburg / Munich / Southern Bavaria area when I do go.

Let me know, maybe we could work something out, not too far away from Bavaria, by US standards anyways. :)

Roger that. That would be cool. Hofbrauhaus or Lowenbrau Keller in Munich sounds good.

Got some military connections to have the NYB shipped over cheaply ? that would be a blast. The military guy I once bought a 60 Chevy from had it shipped over from Baltimore Md., he "only" lost a hubcap and the gas pedal during shipment. :)

Got some military connections to have the NYB shipped over cheaply ? that would be a blast. The military guy I once bought a 60 Chevy from had it shipped over from Baltimore Md., he "only" lost a hubcap and the gas pedal during shipment. :)

LOL! I have to be on Active Duty to get the NYB shipped...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back