Car cover help

Numerous Vendors on e-bay or Amazon. I have purchased two from e-Bay; uscarcover. Decent product, $150.

I am in need of a cover, seems I have too many cars and not enough garage. GOLDMYN, Are you happy with your Seal Skin? How long have you used it?

I use either California Car Covers or Covercraft.

The last cover I bought from California Car Covers was drop shipped from Covercraft, so when I got a show deal from Covercraft I bought from them. Same cover as California.

I use either California Car Covers or Covercraft.

The last cover I bought from California Car Covers was drop shipped from Covercraft, so when I got a show deal from Covercraft I bought from them. Same cover as California.

I wonder who makes what. The CCC website has many different models, types , styles of covers. I don't know who's making them. As long as longevity is there and they're made in the States.

I wonder who makes what. The CCC website has many different models, types , styles of covers. I don't know who's making them. As long as longevity is there and they're made in the States.
When I ordered a cover from CCC for my Barracuda, I asked if they made their covers and they told me they don't. That cover I ordered was drop shipped directly from CoverCraft's address, so I think it's safe to assume that CoverCraft is making the covers.

I just double checked myself and the cover I ordered last (for the 300L) was from the booth at the Syracuse Nats (with a great show discount!) and I did order it from CCC, not CoverCraft. That one was drop shipped from the CoverCraft address too.

The cover before that was for my '70 300 and IIRC, that one did come directly from CCC. It was one they had in stock. The woman I talked to she said that as long as I was OK with it being tan, she could give me a great deal and it would ship out the next day.

For my use, I've been buying a disposable plastic cover to put over the good cover. That stops the dust from accumulating on the cover and saves me an afternoon at the laundromat using their large washer.

VXYAIhM.jpg

I also buy these cheap duffle bags to store them in. I like these a lot better than the bag CCC offers.

Amazon product ASIN B074PWRHW5

I've kept my Monaco in storage for years, if I could go back in time I'd wrap it under and over with plastic, or put down a good cheap linoleum to cover the concrete floor. You'd never think that concrete slab on grade would allow water / vapor to go through it, it just seems 100% impermiable but it's not. You want to keep a closed area with concrete floor dry? Seal the floor somehow or put a barrier between it and your car.

For outside storage, this is my solution:

car-cover.jpg

A cheap non-woven polypropylene car cover ($35 - $50) that looks like and resembles the thick blue workshop paper towels but is quite strong (but made for indoor use) and then 6-mil (pretty thick stuff) construction vapor barrier, wrapped in 1 piece around the car (you can get this stuff 20 ft wide and 100 ft long) and tuck tape (this stuff sticks, and stays stuck all year, cold, snow, etc). Here's a 300m, rims removed, sitting on concrete blocks. Actually 2 of them side by side.

They make car "bags" that are zippered and you set it out on the floor and drive over it and then zip it up and it's supposed to be air tight. $$$.

Out-door 6 layer UV-proof, water-proof (not water-resistant, but water proof) car covers exist, are super expensive, is it worth it when you want to keep a car covered for 6 months (or even 1+ years) outside and the humidity will still get under the car? You could do that, but put a sheet of this vapor barrier down first and then drive the car over it then put the cover on.

Last edited:
Back