1968 Monaco seat covers

chocorua

Reaction score
Since the original seats front and back are ripped, asking here what and where you guys used for temporary slip-on seat covers, if there is even a thing. The front seats are buckets. I may just have to go with regular seat covers but I'd rather be able to completely cover the torn seats with a slip-on cover style. I have briefly looked online but not having much luck. Eventually I will hope to find a shop to re do all the seating so this is just until I can afford that project. Thanks!

Here's the original seating condition.

IMG_6790.jpeg

IMG_6793.jpeg

We got seat covers for our '68 300 and had a local upholsterer install them. They look great. I can't remember but I think they came from Legendary??? They look just like the originals.

Got a sewing machine? Or better yet, know someone that can sew?

An easy way is to make them using beach towels. Mrs. Big John made some for me to slip over my white seats because white interiors and I don't get along well.

Walmart.com has a page full of auto seat covers.
Did you buy that car at Classic Car Auto Mall in Morgantown, Pa.?
it looks like a Monaco 500 I looked at there this year.

On my vinyl interior and leather interior cars, I go to Walmart or Kohls to get some fluffy bath towels in a matching color to use on the cushion to sit on. In another car, using a heavy t-shirt to slide over the seat back can work too.

Blue denim tends to fade on any vinyl and cloth seating surface, in a short time, especially with the "Dark wash" versions. So I've been sitting on towels for decades, even with the lighter "Stone wash" jeans.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

On my vinyl interior and leather interior cars, I go to Walmart or Kohls to get some fluffy bath towels in a matching color to use on the cushion to sit on. In another car, using a heavy t-shirt to slide over the seat back can work too.

Blue denim tends to fade on any vinyl and cloth seating surface, in a short time, especially with the "Dark wash" versions. So I've been sitting on towels for decades, even with the lighter "Stone wash" jeans.

Enjoy!
CBODY67
t-shirts and towels...not a bad idea Thanks!

Please, just sell me a basic hog ring full seat cover for my bench seat, please!!!!!

Please, just sell me a basic hog ring full seat cover for my bench seat, please!!!!!
Santa might have room for a package of rings and the installation tool in his sleigh foot boards?

Happy Holidays!
CBODY67

Back