Car Cover Recommendations

@1978 NYB, how is your Ironton "all-weather" cover holding up?

I purchased an "all-weather" car cover from Empire products and it turned to **** after less than a year. I considered buying the California cover, but holy crap, 4 bills and change??

is the Ironton worth it in the long run for half the price?

this is my poor Newport at present....

DSC04430.JPG

My ironshield is like new, had it on the car all fall/winter. It might be posted in the "sell" section soon becuase now my landlord decides that I cant really use it anymore (because storage of a car is prohibited, even tho it isnt really stored and I checked with them before I bought it). If anyone is interested, I paid 200 last october... would part for 170 or so.

Want made in USA? How 'bout Covercraft made dead center of Pauls Valley, Oklahoma. Friend of mine in Anaheim, Ca. iz ah salez agent for the company. Hiz company name iz Royze inc. 800-421-2011 Folkz that know him call him John Lazenby. If you call John tell him you want the same grade cover the Jerry Olson buyz and you'll be well covered for 'bout $225 that will include a soft plastic covered double loop steel tie down (supply your own lock) delivered to your door and custom made and fit to your ride, Jer

I just went with the IronShield....looks like it held up well on Bob's car. The weather where I'm at is basically the same as MD's weather. I want something that will stand up well to the elements.

I just went with the IronShield....looks like it held up well on Bob's car. The weather where I'm at is basically the same as MD's weather. I want something that will stand up well to the elements.

Good choice Gary. Get the optional security cable for $10. Just remember to use a 1" ratchet strap across the hood and trunk during high winds.

Good choice Gary. Get the optional security cable for $10. Just remember to use a 1" ratchet strap across the hood and trunk during high winds.

I went with the covercraft as we get all 4 seasons in one week around here. Really happy with how it stood up to this kinda stuff. By the way this was 2 weeks ago...90 degrees today.

SNOWY 300.JPG

Ok...so I bought the same cover Bob did for his sweet N'Yorker. It is the "Iron Shield". It went on and fits nicely. I also bought the cable lock to go with it. The real test came last week when we had our first ferocious summer storm. It rained side way throughout the night as all slept warm and snug, but I was worrying like a crazed maniac.
I lost my garage storage. I used to park my car in a garage for the last five years. I didn't give a squat what storm came rolling through...I laughed at it. Now is different.
Happy to say the cover held up and then some. After the storm passed I went out and pulled back part of the cover and the car was completely bone dry. I bought the lock to keep it from being blown away but to be honest I don't think I even needed that, it fit nice and taught arouhg the edges. I guess its good to have it nonetheless.

Pics:
20160706_135148.jpg
20160706_135209.jpg
20160706_135219.jpg
20160706_135230.jpg
20160706_135238.jpg
20160706_135259.jpg

The car has sat for about two and half weeks now. It's stone cold. The engine has a mech. fuel pump but after cranking it for awhile it still couldn't coax any gas into the carb before the starter began to slow down. At that point I quit....its super hot outside, so with that in mind I quit cause I don't want to kill the battery.
Question: Does starter fluid really work? I never had to use it before.

Yep, give it a squirt.

Better to have some one on the key, spray 2 seconds, turn the key immediately.

I'm glad that you like the car cover.

Just be careful with high winds. I use additional cinch straps around the hood and trunk when the weather gets crazy.

Ok...so I bought the same cover Bob did for his sweet N'Yorker. It is the "Iron Shield". It went on and fits nicely. I also bought the cable lock to go with it. The real test came last week when we had our first ferocious summer storm. It rained side way throughout the night as all slept warm and snug, but I was worrying like a crazed maniac.
I lost my garage storage. I used to park my car in a garage for the last five years. I didn't give a squat what storm came rolling through...I laughed at it. Now is different.
Happy to say the cover held up and then some. After the storm passed I went out and pulled back part of the cover and the car was completely bone dry. I bought the lock to keep it from being blown away but to be honest I don't think I even needed that, it fit nice and taught arouhg the edges. I guess its good to have it nonetheless.

Did you purchase your Ironshield car cover from this company? www.carscover.com/

I've been trying to reach someone from that company for a few weeks but no answer, have called, sent message from their webpage and emails, but no one answers, not even to the phone calls.

Their last update on the company Facebook site is from May 2013 and the latest customer reviews at their website are from June 2014.

Sounds like they would be out of the business

Did you purchase your Ironshield car cover from this company? www.carscover.com/

I've been trying to reach someone from that company for a few weeks but no answer, have called, sent message from their webpage and emails, but no one answers, not even to the phone calls.

Their last update on the company Facebook site is from May 2013 and the latest customer reviews at their website are from June 2014.

Yes. That's were I got it from.

They are in California so they don't start working until noon EST.

YeP. That's the place.

Back