Car Cover Recommendations

Final update: I am happy to report that carcover.com is sending me a replacement car cover under warranty. I'm happy to see that "customer service" is still alive and well.

After spending about an hour this morning doing mental gymnastics about where/how to store two C-bodies, I decided to actually try the outdoor car-cover route. I searched the topic and turned up this thread that started in 2012, but was updated last month.

It looks like the Ironshield is the way to go, this link shows them @ $200.

I plan to buy two. Anybody else need one and think they might do a group discount?

For the record, I have kept cars outdoors but until now they were more/less parts cars, so my strategy was one smaller tarp that covered the greenhouse area (roof/glass), then a second cover over the rest of the car. Since these two will be semi-visible, I want them to look a bit less hillbilly than my double-tarp $50 special.

After spending about an hour this morning doing mental gymnastics about where/how to store two C-bodies, I decided to actually try the outdoor car-cover route. I searched the topic and turned up this thread that started in 2012, but was updated last month.

It looks like the Ironshield is the way to go, this link shows them @ $200.

I plan to buy two. Anybody else need one and think they might do a group discount?

For the record, I have kept cars outdoors but until now they were more/less parts cars, so my strategy was one smaller tarp that covered the greenhouse area (roof/glass), then a second cover over the rest of the car. Since these two will be semi-visible, I want them to look a bit less hillbilly than my double-tarp $50 special.

I went Ironshield this last time versus the more expensive EVO3 on my 66. So far Ironshield holding up well far more waterproof than the EVO but does not breathe as well.

IMG_5179.JPG

Back