Carlisle 2017

Thank you, sir. Riding along with a friend and since we're hoping to check out a car in MD that day as well, perhaps we'll wait until next year.
Plan on getting there on Thursday morning next year. To put it bluntly, if I couldn't get there until Sunday, I wouldn't even bother going.

What's the Sunday attendance and schedule like? Still plenty to see and do? Worthwhile just to meet some of the gang, just curious what to expect.
Sunday will be a wind down day... but there will be some of us scattered about yet.

Two questions for you guys in the know.
1. Does anyone know if the Illinois I PASS is good on the Pennsylvania turnpike?
2. Is anyone interested in setting up a place to meet, maybe Sat?
I am going down on Friday, and meeting up with John, (Moparnutcase), and will hang out with him in the survivor tent. Since this is my first time going, I would enjoy putting a face to some of the names. Will be there Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Did you make it there Bill?

Did you make it there Bill?
No John, got very ill Friday on the way down. Made it about 100 miles and then had to pull over. Had to sit for about 1/2 hour, then had to drive 25 miles to find a bathroom since a bunch of exits were closed. The return leg was worse. Hope everyone had fun. I DIDN'T.

Hey John, quite a trip you and the kids had! On the upside....We were very glad to meet you and them and we had a great time. You've got really great kids! I take it you made it home safe and sound. Fill us in on what happens ok?

No John, got very ill Friday on the way down. Made it about 100 miles and then had to pull over. Had to sit for about 1/2 hour, then had to drive 25 miles to find a bathroom since a bunch of exits were closed. The return leg was worse. Hope everyone had fun. I DIDN'T.
Sorry to hear that. I was looking forward to meeting you.

Hope you are feeling better by now. I was looking forward to meeting you. Hopefully we can all do it again next year.

Hey John, quite a trip you and the kids had! On the upside....We were very glad to meet you and them and we had a great time. You've got really great kids! I take it you made it home safe and sound. Fill us in on what happens ok?

Home by 2:30.

Thanks I really enjoyed getting to know everyone a little better. The kids really seemed to like everyone as well, especially Jeff and Sammie. I'll fill you in when I get there it might be a bit though.

Hope you are feeling better by now. I was looking forward to meeting you. Hopefully we can all do it again next year.
I regret not meeting you... as well as several others... next year...

Your I Pass will melt on the PA Pike. If your have a $25 recharge to your credit card it will get hit 3 times before you cross back into Ohio. The PA turnpike is no joke they intend to raise it every year till 2040. The half-hour extra it will cost you to go the way John mentioned coming out of Ohio is time we'll spent on much safer roads.
Dave my friend. That size investment on the toll road iz only true if you're elevated with 5 axles or more. If so? then you chose 30 or 70, or 80 across the Keystone, it'z very simple. Jer

I use the EZ Pass all the time. Makes my trip to Wisconsin easier and less time in line. Tolls all the way from the east coast to the Wisconsin state line. PA Turnpike, Ohio Turnpike, Indiana Toll Road, Illonois Tri State Toll Way....

Back