Carlisle 2020 Official Thread

That was what they tried at first in the UK, just isolating high risk individuals. But people that were caring for these high risk individuals were getting corona and didn't know because they were asymptomatic, so they were spreading it to the high risk population. Now they risk having their medical facilities overloaded, causing people to die from lack of resources. The proposal to only isolate the vulnerable would be workable if either 1) you weren't contagious unless you were showing symptoms so easy to identify as a carrier, 2) there was a vaccine that caretakers could take, or 3) there was a test that was readily available, accurate and quick enough that someone could take it every morning before starting work.

Not an apples to apples comparison. They attempted herd immunity with no restrictions. We have restrictions, now. Half the deaths in the UK recently were over age 85. Over 70% of those that have passed in the UK, were significantly overweight. You're never going to get the number to 0. All we've done is kick the can.

I really hope any of you that fall into the vulnerable demographic will do your best to lose weight and keep moving. We need you guys around for a long time!

Beautiful car. I know this may be a dumb question, May I ask who this is. Is it someone here on the forum?

Are you asking about the the person posting this post or are you talking about the Superbird?

I'm 1978 NYB who made the post.

The guy that owns the Superbird is Mike Fitzgerald. I don't know him.

Are you asking about the the person posting this post or are you talking about the Superbird?

I'm 1978 NYB who made the post.

The guy that owns the Superbird is Mike Fitzgerald. I don't know him.

I am talking about the Superbird, and I believe that you made posted that as well. I love the color on it, just wondering if it belonged to anyone on here

Last edited:

I honestly am surprised Carlisle is still on right now. A show that my car club was suppose to have the same exact weekend as this was cancelled, got a feeling this will be next. Back to the model, I honestly am not a fan of it. I don't like the half purple, half green. I however really like that it has the RTS logo on one side, but why is the Scat Pack on the other side. I thought that came out in '68, no?

Maybe if the van was free I would like it better. I am actually more excited to see what this years t shirt will look like (if they have one).

I however really like that it has the RTS logo on one side, but why is the Scat Pack on the other side. I thought that came out in '68, no?
Dodge - Scat Pack
Plymouth - RTS

It's just two parts of Mopars performance models, one on each side of a van that ties them both together.

OK, I have 2 red x's... Now I have to prove it. @azblackhemi and @78Brougham

Here's a couple links to back me up...
HO 1/64 Slot Cars - Aurora, Tyco, Tomy, Mattel, T-Jet's and more!
SlotCarCentral - The Worlds Largest HO Slot Car Selection
Slot car - Wikipedia

A HO train scale is 1/87. The HO slot cars came along and the idea was they would be a companion to the trains, but the reality was that they were too large. As time went on, the HO cars, like especially the AFX line, started listing them as HO, but 1/64 scale, and breaking away from the train scale.

Ok. If an A 100 van is 171" that toy is 2.7 mm long:rofl:

Just kidding it's 2.7 " long, so like BJ said, kinda HO scale. That still doesn't make up for it being lame.:rofl:

OK, I have 2 red x's... Now I have to prove it. @azblackhemi and @78Brougham

Here's a couple links to back me up...
HO 1/64 Slot Cars - Aurora, Tyco, Tomy, Mattel, T-Jet's and more!
SlotCarCentral - The Worlds Largest HO Slot Car Selection
Slot car - Wikipedia

A HO train scale is 1/87. The HO slot cars came along and the idea was they would be a companion to the trains, but the reality was that they were too large. As time went on, the HO cars, like especially the AFX line, started listing them as HO, but 1/64 scale, and breaking away from the train scale.
I was looking it as we spoke you are correct sir:thumbsup:

Sorry John, I have no idea how I x'd you. Must've been a fat finger. Certainly not intentional as I have no opinion on the subject.

Ok. If an A 100 van is 171" that toy is 2.7 mm long:rofl:

Just kidding it's 2.7 " long, so like BJ said, kinda HO scale. That still doesn't make up for it being lame.:rofl:
I'll agree with you about it being lame, but I will admit to kinda liking HO slot cars, so I would normally not think about it... But maybe now... Hmmmm...

I'll agree with you about it being lame, but I will admit to kinda liking HO slot cars, so I would normally not think about it... But maybe now... Hmmmm...

So they should make this van as a Slot car, then maybe.

So they should make this van as a Slot car, then maybe.
It would be a heavy slot car since it's die cast.

That said, Johnny Lightning has a line of 1/64 collectible cars that are designed to be easily put on a slot car chassis, so it could be done.

Back