Carlisle 2020 Official Thread

Dodge - Scat Pack
Plymouth - RTS

It's just two parts of Mopars performance models, one on each side of a van that ties them both together.

Yes I am aware of both the R.T.S. & S.P., but I thought the S.P. began in '68 not '70?

The original Scat Pack ran from 1968 to 1970.

The Rapid Transit System ran from 1970 to 1972.

Well. . . No. HO-Scale is 1:87. I think this model is more like S-Scale 1:64. . . Like American Flyer, I think. O-Scale is 1:48
HO scale in trains is 1:87. The first slot cars that they called HO were out of scale and it evolved to being 1:65, but they still call them HO.

Yea, there's probably some true HO scale cars for HO train sets that are 1:87, but I was referring to the slot car HO.

Last edited:
HO scale in trains is 1:87. The slot first cars that they called HO were out of scale and it evolved to being 1:65, but they still call them HO.

Yea, there's probably some true HO scale cars for HO train sets that are 1:87, but I was referring to the slot car HO.

Yep. There was a lot of that kind of toy labeling going on. Here is a correct HO scale Scenic Cruiser:

tal_works_gm_gmc_pd_4501_scenicruiser_central_greyhound_lines_new_york_ho_scale_1_87_model_bus_2.jpg

Yep. There was a lot of that kind of toy labeling going on. Here is a correct HO scale Scenic Cruiser:

View attachment 367592
My buddy had a real one of those. It was going to be this giant camper but he never finished it. It sat in his driveway so long that he would hang Christmas lights on it every year.

View attachment 367592
I searched for a HO train with a HO car next to it and this was all I found. The car is almost as wide as the train.

I've thought a couple times about digging out my old HO slot car stuff and then setting it up with a S scale train. Then I lay down and it goes away.

post-2732-0-66853600-1407122841.jpg

E5C6D8D2-F88C-4028-B53B-A0D198CD3ADB.jpeg

The GTO on the left is an “HO” scale slot car. The others are all true 1:87 HO scale.
The HO slot cars are too big but the HO scale slot big rig trucks and trailers are much closer to 1:87.
The larger size HO cars work on a train layout if you don’t mix them with the correct size vehicles. If it matters.
I always liked mixing the slot cars with trains complete with the crossings. Train wrecks and all!

Last edited:
Here is a Fleischmann HO train with a car transport wagon. Pic taken in 2012, four years after Fleischmann was acquired by Rocco (Austria).

All the cars and the rail equipment are HO (1:87 scale) — but the yellow fuel truck next to the diesel loading station is not (it was there as a play toy). The other Vollmer kit buildings (the engine shed and coaling station at the back) are also HO.

Sorry for the poor picture quality, it is solely to illustrate scale.

Fleischmann for FCBO.png

Last edited:
For me... this is a step too far. I don't blame FCBO members, it is our nature to allow the conversations to wander. I'm blaming the virus for for gunking up the Carlisle thread with toy trains and cars, now that so many are already starting to lose hope.

My current Carlisle plan is the same as the old plan... unless somehow work manages to prevent me from going (not impossible, but highly unlikely), I will be there. To drive or take the train is the biggest decision I'm leaving to the future. The train will undoubtedly smell like the inside of a Clorox bottle, but driving leaves me with less time to enjoy being there.

Due to the scare and crashed economy, I suspect the event will be less crowded this year. I also wonder if the diner will still be open. Still wondering if they will be Carlisle Events by next year, or a new name like every other LLC will be before 2022.

For me... this is a step too far. I don't blame FCBO members, it is our nature to allow the conversations to wander. I'm blaming the virus for for gunking up the Carlisle thread with toy trains and cars, now that so many are already starting to lose hope.

My current Carlisle plan is the same as the old plan... unless somehow work manages to prevent me from going (not impossible, but highly unlikely), I will be there. To drive or take the train is the biggest decision I'm leaving to the future. The train will undoubtedly smell like the inside of a Clorox bottle, but driving leaves me with less time to enjoy being there.

Due to the scare and crashed economy, I suspect the event will be less crowded this year. I also wonder if the diner will still be open. Still wondering if they will be Carlisle Events by next year, or a new name like every other LLC will be before 2022.

Carlisle Events is too big to fail......

I don't know who owns the fairgrounds but the overhead is probably pretty low to maintain the site. Will attendance be low at events this year??? You betcha but I think things will be OK. All the events are still scheduled for 2020 and the spring show has been moved to May.

I was planning to be at the show on Saturday only and I will still go. Get to Carlisle in the morning and hit the road in the evening. I didn't make any hotel reservations this year so I don't have any worries there. I would think it would be pretty easy and a lot cheaper to get a hotel reservation even few days before the event. I'm sure there at least half of the reservations were or will be cancelled this year.

Hey Mark....

There was a food truck from Red's Smokehouse and I believe they are from Carlisle. Anyways they stopped yesterday at the Maryland University Hospital in Bel Air, Maryland and were giving free lunch to the hospital personnel. My wound care facility is in that hospital.

Last edited:
Carlisle Events is too big to fail......

I don't know who owns the fairgrounds but the overhead is probably pretty low to maintain the site. Will attendance be low at events this year??? You betcha but I think things will be OK. All the events are still scheduled for 2020 and the spring show has been moved to May.

Carlisle Events owns the property. Bought it in 1981.

I knew that Bill and Chip Miller had bought it, but I didn't know the year, so I looked it up. I thought it was in the 90's. I didn't know that the two Millers weren't related though! I met Lance Miller once, outside of Carlisle. Really nice guy.

I think it was part of the Army training grounds before that and they rented it.

Looks like they have a full time staff of 30, but the overhead on the grounds probably wouldn't kill them. What it will hurt is the surrounding area.

Car Show History

Carlisle Events owns the property. Bought it in 1981.

I knew that Bill and Chip Miller had bought it, but I didn't know the year, so I looked it up. I thought it was in the 90's. I didn't know that the two Millers weren't related though! I met Lance Miller once, outside of Carlisle. Really nice guy.

I think it was part of the Army training grounds before that and they rented it.

Looks like they have a full time staff of 30, but the overhead on the grounds probably wouldn't kill them. What it will hurt is the surrounding area.

Car Show History
Stubb's will be proud you looked it up yourself.:poke:
One good thing is I'm pretty sure the Chrysler and import Nationals are the largest themed events over the spring and fall swaps. So there is motivation for them to get it in/done.
I've been out during this whole thing so far except for broken truck. So I'm not holed up at home speculating. The crowd will cause concern, I can keep distance from people with the job so, that will be uneasy feeling.

The biggest obstacle is whether or not non-essential travel will be allowed across the CAN/US border, and if it is, are there still going to be quarantine restrictions after doing so. Finally got all my ducks in a row to get there, and now this. I'm not bowing out yet.

Good thing I did not book any hotels or pre-register for Carlisle.
Let's see how she goes....For now the cars are still in storage and like me...waiting...

Can you imagine having to wear one of those masks in that heat? I can’t stand the things when they were required at work.
But I figure restrictions should be loosened up by then. (If not, sheesh. Fasten your seat belts!)
Still planning on Friday and Saturday myself.

Shouldn't be hard to get on the showfield. No lines will be backed up......probably.

But then again, Mopar guys will show up at a car show!!!

Back