Carlisle 2021

It is not uncommon for rain to happen at Carlisle. Almost every year it rains at some point, usually late afternoon early evening.
I have many photos of my cars getting soaked .

I drove through a monsoon in 2013 on way to Carlisle with the Charger’s 20”ers hydroplaning on the PA Pike. My Sebring slid down the hill in the rain back when spectators parked inside the grounds. Seems like it’s stormed the week of Carlisle every year going back to ‘92.

The weather looks like it's going to be pretty wet at Chryslers at Carlisle this year.
I'll be there Wednesday night.
Keeping my fingers crossed the forecast changes by then.

What happened two years ago?
I remember showing up Thursday evening and there were big puddles of water everywhere! I purchased some parts that were soggy wet.
Wills spot is in the lowest low spot in the swap meet, and he had a foot, maybe more,of water in his space. I think he said that it almost got into his trailer.

Wow! That is truly unfortunate.
Will has the low spot next to the fence right? I think there is even a drain there.

Wow! That is truly unfortunate.
Will has the low spot next to the fence right? I think there is even a drain there.
There is a manhole there, but the water just drains through his spot and then through the fence.

There is a manhole there, but the water just drains through his spot and then through the fence.

Don't forget the DRAG RACING FRIDAY JULY 9th at SOUTH MOUNTAIN RACEWAY. Will be at my spots of O-74-O79 and on the back side of those spots also. I have some C-body parts but if anyone needs anything ask here and I will answer if I have it or not.

Wizard
S MTN.jpg
mopars on Mtn.jpg

The fairgrounds were a mud-pit and it was downpouring that year, I will never forget it. I was under Bills tent in front of the survivor tent that year making sure his tents didn't collapse with the amount of water coming down on it and it sucked!
That was insane 2" in a half hour. Pretty funny some kid was selling carboard boxes Sunday and making a killing! I lost a lot of stuff due to rust that year. Felt sorry for the owners of the cars in the low areas with water half up their doors!

The drainage there is not designed for that amount of rain either.

LOL I should bring a gill net to catch the parts going by this year!

The-illustration-of-the-gillnet-used-in-sampling.png

That rain was a freak event.... I've been attending Carlisle events since the early 80's. Never saw that before.
That being said.... I'm leaving this morning. See y'all there. P134/135/136

Your right down from me. Yeah that was a odd one. I live close and that was the most rain I have ever seen here in a half hour.

Your right down from me. Yeah that was a odd one. I live close and that was the most rain I have ever seen here in a half hour.

I've been to many events including the Spring and Fall events, I disagree. I've seen many storms like that one blow through, Sunny in an hour .

On Thursday of the 2019 show it rained like it was a hurricane. I had a lot of stuff get wet in my swap meet spaces. My friends and I spent a few hours pushing the huge puddles off that were accumulating on top of my tents so they would not collapse. Water got into my enclosed trailer and did some damage. I hope that we don't get rain like that this year but I have been attending since the mid 1990's and I don't think that there has ever been a year without a torrential down pour.

Back