Carpet

68 4spd Fury

Reaction score
I want to replace the carpet in my convertible this winter and mine is unusual in that it has the 4 speed hump. I found (2) places on E-bay for molded carpets and wondered if anyone has had any experience with them. 1AAAautomotive and stock_interiors.

Thanks for the source but what they have is "all except 4 spd". I'll keep them in mind for other parts though.

I believe Trim Parts makes their own carpets and I understand that some other places source their carpet sets from Trim Parts. Having used ACC and Trim Parts carpets, I'd say, in my experience, the Trim Parts carpet was better and had a lot more material around the edges.

I took a replacement set out of my car that the previous owner said was bought from Legendary. The Trimparts carpet fit the car a lot better, especially in the rear floor area. I may be wrong, but I believe Legendary sources their carpets from ACC.

Either way... call any if the suppliers. We've all found that just because it's not on the web site or in their catalog doesn't mean they don't have what you need.

You know... You could have one sewn and fitted too.

The shop on Hiawatha could do it and while I've never used them, he comes highly recommended. He might be a little pricey. You could also try Angry Owl in Jordan. I had them do some other work and a friend had their guy put a headliner in his car. They seem to be pretty good to work with.

My experience with ACC wasn't the greatest but I did buy it when the company was at its lowest point because of internal turmoil.

Both companies in the original post are ACC carpets. I was not real impressed with them. They didn't offer 80/20 loop for my applications. Only cutpile. It was an easy install though, had plenty of extra material to work with. The rear fit good, but the front could be better. Still have one in the box waiting to go into the blumo.

I recently ordered a carpet from ACC for my 70 Sport Fury, I really wasn't too happy with the fitting, not good for Fuselages. Lot of extra materials and the contours are not good for this body.

Thanks, I've used them. He repaired a few holes in the boot for me, did a very good job at a reasonable price.

I want to replace the carpet in my convertible this winter and mine is unusual in that it has the 4 speed hump. I found (2) places on E-bay for molded carpets and wondered if anyone has had any experience with them. 1AAAautomotive and stock_interiors.

I recently purchased a carpet set for my '68 Chrysler 300 from the Ebay vendor "stock_interiors". I got the 4 speed version because I'm converting my car. The carpet is produced by ACC and arrived within a week. I haven't installed it yet, but my previous experience with ACC carpets has been good (4 sets in last couple of years).

I'm about ready to order carpet from Trim Parts. My carpet had a thick, fibrous padding. They offer a jute padding, which seems different than the original, but is that what I should get? Does it go everywhere the carpet goes, or just in places? Mine was falling apart and moldy and came out in pieces. I couldn't really save it or take good pics for reference. Thx.

Back