For Sale Cars on coparts websites

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all. I have been looking at coparts website since I had to deal with them after sandy for my three 68 furys I lost. There is a 66 polara wagon, 67 and 68 furys, and Chrysler Newport on there right now.
Soooooooooo, what's your point? Is there a question in that statement somewhere, if so, what is it?

Careful, many of their auctions require a dealer's license to make a purchase. I don't believe they have any FL auctions that are open to the public.

Depends on the state. In OK, you can buy a vehicle through Coparts, BUT the deal needs to go through a person who has a dealer, salvage, or wrecker license.

I have been close to buying from Copart a few times. In IL. and IN. you must go thru a broker, and the fees vary from broker to broker. You also have to tie up a lot of cash for at least 30 days. this has been the deal breaker for me so far. Also each location runs their yards differently, I have had problems with cars being listed for auction, only to go to the yard and find out their is a title problem. Plus after you repair the vehicle you must get it inspected, and then you come away with a "Rebuilt" title. In the long run it is more grief than what you save.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back