Cbody Bob's 1966 Chrysler 300 coupe

Another bad thing is I have been putting together a nice little parts list for the D440 truck & FURYIOUS I planed on placing the order today or tomorrow. The parts shelf for these two is getting low & I like to have my parts ready when I need them. Don't like waiting on parts. Note to self: 2 projects at a time Bob. Not 4.

That looks nasty :wideyed:. But I have every confidence in you guys to sort it out.
popcorn.gif

So after running around and picking up some supplies I got stuck into the floor of the car today, I cut the passenger rear footwell out and lay it beside the replacement unit, you will see that they are two different sizes going by the seam line. To make it all match up I cut a spacer, the red piece you see, which will be formed to fit the new floor pan once I trim it and drill out the spot welds on the seam. Stay tuned for more pics tomorrow.

Ch300 floor93.jpg

Wow guys....amazing and surprising at the same time. Just got back from a trip north to deal with dad's old car among other things(full of bad gas and crud), so a lot to catch up on.

First off - now I see why the car ran fine after it sat for a few days and ran like crap whenever I tried to drive it - the tank was full of crud from sitting. Take a corner too hard and it would cough and sputter. And the mystery of the non-working gas gauge would seem to be that nasty looking sending unit. At least I knew about that up front.

The floor is a pretty big disappointment, though. I knew there was a hole in the passenger front pan because I put my foot through it checking for damage from the core leak. The rest looked good from underneath, though. So that's surprising, to say the least.

I'm guessing the new floor patch panel I got from C2C wasn't right after all, Gary? I recall they sent the wrong side the first time. Looks like you remedied it perfectly with the old floor pan transfer. Great job.

It'll be a nice ride once you guys get it back on the road. Sitting long term without being driven does a lot more damage than I'd imagined. Not sure how many years/decades it sat before I got it.

So after running around and picking up some supplies I got stuck into the floor of the car today, I cut the passenger rear footwell out and lay it beside the replacement unit, you will see that they are two different sizes going by the seam line. To make it all match up I cut a spacer, the red piece you see, which will be formed to fit the new floor pan once I trim it and drill out the spot welds on the seam. Stay tuned for more pics tomorrow.

View attachment 138429
I got lost.
The rusty pc is from the 66 Chrysler 2 dr.
And the white pc is from a...?

Wow guys....amazing and surprising at the same time. Just got back from a trip north to deal with dad's old car among other things(full of bad gas and crud), so a lot to catch up on.

First off - now I see why the car ran fine after it sat for a few days and ran like crap whenever I tried to drive it - the tank was full of crud from sitting. Take a corner too hard and it would cough and sputter. And the mystery of the non-working gas gauge would seem to be that nasty looking sending unit. At least I knew about that up front.

The floor is a pretty big disappointment, though. I knew there was a hole in the passenger front pan because I put my foot through it checking for damage from the core leak. The rest looked good from underneath, though. So that's surprising, to say the least.

I'm guessing the new floor patch panel I got from C2C wasn't right after all, Gary? I recall they sent the wrong side the first time. Looks like you remedied it perfectly with the old floor pan transfer. Great job.

It'll be a nice ride once you guys get it back on the road. Sitting long term without being driven does a lot more damage than I'd imagined. Not sure how many years/decades it sat before I got it.
Since I had a parts with good floors we decided to use it instead. The C2C pan is not rolled correctly. I got a car comming up that it likely will be used on

Latest pics of work done today, check the fit of that new custom modified floor pan, not bad even if i do say so myself. Tomorrow I will be welding it in.

Ch300 floor94.jpg
Ch300 floor95.jpg

still not that bad . this rag is a flintstone ride . bought a cherry h/t and cut the whole floor from it , toe lick to rear end hump . but its a rag or it would be parts too , lol . don't step to hard on that carpet now , lol .
Scan0038_0038.jpg
Scan0039_0039.jpg

well buds now , lol . and we've never shook hands . lol . at least we're on the same side of the world . internet does make some long distance pen pals . never liked that pals word . worked at ge from 74-78 ned as a draftsmen . had a sum mannager who call everyone his pals . never wanted to get that close to the guy , he always rub me the wrong way . i could never see it though his eyes , sort of speak . but back to neighbors , sent here until the cash comes to my level . there building 4 and 6 story stuff all around me . we got 3 lots down town . just a mater of time and the right project . google has bought just up the street a ways , my buds got to move by mar 2018 . he just got settle in about a year ago . set up a great shop . now move it all again . he's a hotrodder building machines for race and drive . in his 70's and move again . so its just a count down . lucky i'm only in my 60's , lol .

Back