Cbody Bob's 1966 Chrysler 300 coupe

Small update, i have prepped the cut out area for welding, plus trimmed the new panel to go in.

Ch300 floor3.jpg

Here is a bit of an update the pan is ready to be welded in, check how snug it fits, you can see even though it is a fury floor pat it fits perfectly in place. The spare heater core was checked for leaks and it weeped water so cant be used. Yeah Stan, that's the garden hose!

Ch300 floor4.jpg
Checking a heater core for leaks.jpg

Here is a bit of an update the pan is ready to be welded in, check how snug it fits, you can see even though it is a fury floor pat it fits perfectly in place. The spare heater core was checked for leaks and it weeped water so cant be used. Yeah Stan, that's the garden hose!

View attachment 137491 View attachment 137492
Very nice Gary. Plan B on the HVAC core

Here is an update, the floor pan is fully welded in and after I took this pic I ground back the weld to flush, then put a skin coat of body filler over it to make it smooth. Monday I should have this part finished.

Ch300 floor5.jpg

Here is an update, the floor pan is fully welded in and after I took this pic I ground back the weld to flush, then put a skin coat of body filler over it to make it smooth. Monday I should have this part finished.

View attachment 137855
Awesome Gary. Looks nice. I guess I need to get the windshield out of the parts car here soon. And another excuse to come down.

Okay, after talking to Bob last night he decided to get me to pull up all the carpet and check the rest of the floor, if there were any pinholes then we could deal with them. After removing the carpet there was a lot of scale present which I then vacuumed out. Turns out that it was worse than we thought. Check the pics, the drivers floor pan looks complete but it is very thin and cant be welded, the whole thing will have to be cut out like the passenger one was. As you can see the passenger rear footwell is rotten, luckily I have the pans to do this and so I will be getting stuck into this over the next couple of days.

Ch300 floor7.jpg
Ch300 floor8.jpg
Ch300 floor9.jpg
Ch300 floor91.jpg
Ch300 floor92.jpg

Bob is sad. This is the first official set back of this project. Gary & I put a plan of attack together last night & this was NOT part of it. Like Gary said I have the parts to fix this fortunately. This is like your football team has the ball in the red zone & fumbles on the 18 yard line. The other team runs the ball back across the 50. Now your offensive plays you just discussed in the time out went right out the window & now you are on defense. Oh well.

Last edited:
Back