Cbody Bob's 1966 Chrysler 300 coupe

So I have been tinkering and since I will need some floor for the Chrysler 300, Bob dropped off a 68 Fury parts car for me to cut the floor out of. Here are some pics of the progress, damned thing took me a day to get one side out!

View attachment 136583 View attachment 136584
That does it... I now want to find an "artificial reef" quality car and bring it up to you... I'm pretty sure it would take longer for me to deliver and pick up, than it would for you to do the metal work...:thumbsup::lol:

Ebody uses much of the b body stuff. Cbody floors are pretty much their own beast.

I would expect the C-body stuff to be different, but how different is my question. If the compound curves by the toe board and/or the trans hump are similar enough to make modifying one of their panels worthwhile. Maybe even splitting one and adding a strip of metal to widen or lengthen??

I have read here of using B-body trunk floors in some earlier C bodies without any serious mods. I don't expect a drop in part... but there's got to be some crossovers here and there that you might be able to work with.

I would expect the C-body stuff to be different, but how different is my question. If the compound curves by the toe board and/or the trans hump are similar enough to make modifying one of their panels worthwhile. Maybe even splitting one and adding a strip of metal to widen or lengthen??

I have read here of using B-body trunk floors in some earlier C bodies without any serious mods. I don't expect a drop in part... but there's got to be some crossovers here and there that you might be able to work with.

Yes. I heard too that such panel-bashing can work. Saw a posting from a member of the Chrysler 300 Club who had a '62 300-H. He said he test-fitted an AMD E-Body floor in his car, and it was a good fit.

Forget AMD it will never happen. I've been finding that the floors, trunk, cowl, rear rails, stub frames, even the lower quarters on all '69-'73 C-Bodies are interchangeable with the exception of the Fury. Finding a decent donor, of course, means killing another, but you have to weigh the importance of what you are saving.

Last edited:
I take issue with the omission of this guy from the list:
6a00d83453499969e2010535c65f63970c.jpg

the red wasp.

a really old dude told me once when i was a little whipper snapper that if their wings are out in a V they are pissed. I dunno I never asked one. and their wings are V most of the time.

The only time I've been stung is when I surprise them or disturb a nest i.e. open car hood in junk yard. Otherwise they are fairly benign. Around here they are attracted to the salt on your skin. I have no problem letting them feast to their hearts content until they fly off. The last thing you want to do is swat at them and piss them off.
hqdefault.jpg

Nice Gary. Looking good. Anybody need slab side frame or front clip. I'm dealing. I take cash. Windshield or rear glass. You can get The Whole car or what's left of it cheap.

Good Gawd what I could get done if I had half your energy....... or few other guys I've noticed on this site too.

Okay started the floor work in the car, here are some progress pics of what has been done so far.

Ch300 floor.jpg
Ch300 floor1.jpg
Ch300 floor2.jpg

Back