Cbody Bob's and Wollfen's great big adventure

As long as they have a little crispiness, I live hash browns!

with juuuuust the slightest hint of onion flavor. heaven!!

homer drooling (small).jpg

well thats some great cars that wolfen's got , i had two 63 furies , two 64 fury , 65 sat commando , 66 67 charges , 68 69 rr's n gtx's , 69 coront r/t , 70 rt charger at once . now just two 63 furies , 65 sat commando , 69 rr . not to mention the a's c's n e bodies still with me . and the other hoard of cars n trucks , lol . i know you can't own them all . but we can try , lol ;) .

Day 3 began a bit later on Sunday. Gary & I looking over the weather the night before while at Waffle House. Rain to move into Siler City around 3 & move east across the state. So we decided that we would sleep in a bit & only get one car. The 69 Sport Satellite. We got up around 7:30 & took another look at the weather. No change so we got ready & headed out around 9 am. We decided to get breakfast in Siler City & opted for a Burger King as I didn’t want McDonalds again. On the way it started sprinkling. We where concerned. While in the BK the rain got harder. We knew then we would be loading in the mud. We drove on to the site & the rain let up. We got there & crossed over a makeshift dam that serves as a bridge over a creek. Went up hill through the woods to the site. The scrap guy was there loading junk & trash and a big mud hole right in front of his truck. I was able to drive around that & his truck & backed the trailer right up to the Satellite that was sitting on blocks in the shop. Got it off the blocks & some of the auction crew helped us push the Satellite up on the trailer. The as I’m strapping the car down the rain came back & we got pretty wet. All loaded up. We stopped & chatted with Jerry the auctioneer. Told him that we would not be back that day for the Charger. He said just call when we are comming. So about 11:30 am we headed out for the 3 1/2 to 4 hour drive to Greenville. We decided we would get a late lunch in a favorite place of ours in Greenville after we offload the Satty. Eastern NC is kinda rural & out on that highway there are long stretches where not much is happening. About 2 pm I started cramping up & getting sleepy. So I pulled over & did some walking while Gary checked the straps on the trailer. Finally arriving at Gary’s. We push the Satty off the trailer. Gary said Bob let’s get the 71 GT & drive into town & grab a bite.
0FD4B2B8-7256-4E23-89FB-C49B0EE6ABAB.jpeg
EA6DFDA0-E979-4A15-B1DA-FAFCBAF6252D.jpeg
96BC36BB-6A01-4F30-BF45-A06458B6F48C.jpeg
I said heck yea. So he pulls the Fury out & says Bob you drive. Well I didn’t hesitate to get behind the wheel of that beauty. The big ole girl drove very well. Hard to beat a big block C body. After lunch Gary let me drive it back. The food & the drive in the GT did wonders as I was revitalized & no longer tired. The trip home was easy & smooth. So that was day 3. Other that the rain while loading & my leg cramping up it was drama free. Day 4 is yet to be determined so stay tuned ........

Last edited:
well mine my 65 dodge 880 rag is a cool looking car , but no factory hotrod , i'll have too rub on it a bit , lol;) . got some plans to get it hotrodded . twin carb'd , maybe maxwedge intake on a 426 wedge with a a833 4spd for it . changing up the suspension n r/e thinking dana 60 , and four corner disc brakes . and 66 300 buckets . no console . just that hurst shifter with a white ball on it , hanging though the floor hump .

Grit are edible, but dull. They remind of the white paste from a jar that we used as glue when I was elementary school.

I’m thinking both. Heck we might let this post be the Pilot & market it to some Hollywood Producer types we rub elbows with
Cbody Bob and Wollfen eat on the road again turning rust to riches and revealing our country’s history one Mopar at a time. (Apologies to American Pickers)

Back