Central PA Barn Find 1966 Chrysler 300

Really ......... ? your sure about that ....? You might want to check again, a 26" rad will be a nice upgrade.

I don't know about C bodies but the 68-70 B body rad support opening is larger for cars with factory 26" rads so he may be correct.

Would still gain cooling capacity with the 26" rad but opening for 22" but not as efficient if C body slabs rad supports are different like B bodies

Well ...... those terms seem pretty discriptive to me .......
Exactly... Both terms clearly communicate the intended message.

Guys, all this talk of radiator size, shroud, boil out, etc. Just slap a frickin $150 electric fan on & call it a day. 100% chance of solving the problem.

If you have a bunch of free time and want tofuckaroundwith all that other stuff, perhaps you could participate in a community outreach program to kill some of your free time...

I don't think it counts as a barn find when you are the one that stored it, and you are the one pulling getting it out.........
But......... Both of your cars are barn finds........

Two sayings that absoutely annoy me is "Barn find" and "boots on the ground". I just f-ing hate those terms.When I lived in NY every winter my 67 coronet went to this massive barn and evey spring guess what I FOUND IT IN A BARN!!! So was it a barn find OR STORED IN A F_ING BARN??????? My 68 300 was in my uncles barn not moving for 20 years...we knew it was there but is it a F_ing barn find? If it was sold outside the family would to new owner say it was a barn find??? Also foxnews get some people to drop the dam "boots on the ground" every other saying....

Ok I feel better :)

Really ......... ? your sure about that ....? You might want to check again, a 26" rad will be a nice upgrade.

Yes, it would be.......but I looked into it, literally 2 diff supports, another brain fart from the engineers, I guess.

My 318 non air 71 4 door 35 years ago had the small radiator. When I increased engine size I upgraded on the size of the radiator. Drilled a few holes and hung a 26" radiator. . . . All worked fine

My 318 non air 71 4 door 35 years ago had the small radiator. When I increased engine size I upgraded on the size of the radiator. Drilled a few holes and hung a 26" radiator. . . . All worked fine

umm I think we're discussing the size of the rad opening on C bodies not what rigged up **** you did when you were a teenager emoticonbigsmile.gif

emoticonbigsmile.gif

umm I think we're discussing the size of the rad opening on C bodies not what rigged up **** you did when you were a teenager View attachment 38203

When you own a C body you can :poke: ... otherwise... :icon_fU:

Thats it there Mark... obviously, not correct but it worked just as well as any electric fan. Never had an issue even when I had headers

106559 1986 multi carb.jpg

106559 1986 multi carb.jpg

so you are telling me to desecrate this pristine condition classic with new holes? i'm not too keen on drilling holes w/o having the extra support of the threaded reinforcements.

Nope............ Just telling you a story of how I was able to get around a similar issue.

so you are telling me to desecrate this pristine condition classic with new holes? i'm not too keen on drilling holes w/o having the extra support of the threaded reinforcements.
That's why I used zip ties.

You'll never see an electric fan on any old mopar I own, (let alone one held in place with zip ties)....!!!!
If it's overheating, somethings screwed up ....... fix it. I've been driving old mopars since before they were old .... As long as there were no system failures i've never had one with an overheating issue, until this past July. A 6% grade, for seven miles towing a pop up camper in 95 degrees on the way to Carlisle. Jazebelle hot light came on at the top. A 45 minute cool down and she was fine.

Last edited:
HowTF did a bazillion C-bodies with BB's and A/C ever get along without the factory installing auxiliary pusher fans with zip ties.
Boy, you guys sure must be smart engineers.
FIX YOUR COOLING SYSTEMS!!!

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
You'll never see an electric fan on any old mopar I own, (let alone one held in place with zip ties)....!!!!
If it's overheating somethings screwed up ....... fix it. I've been driving old mopars before they were old .... As long as were no system failures i've never had one with an overheating issue until this past July. A 6% grade, for seven miles towing a pop up camper in 95 degrees on the way to Carlisle. Jazebelle hot light came on at the top. A 45 minute cool down and she was fine.

HowTF did a bazillion C-bodies with BB's and A/C ever get along without the factory installing auxiliary pusher fans with zip ties.
Boy, you guys sure must be smart engineers.
FIX YOUR COOLING SYSTEMS!!!

And it might be the themostat...

I agree. ....... Experience and wisdom is speaking to you Mark through Will and Stan

Back