Central PA Barn Find 1966 Chrysler 300

I have a Sun super tach that I hung under the dash using an existing trim screw. Looks ok, easy to see, out of the way, easy to remove with no marks or holes.

Me too. I have my 1981 Sun Super tach II that was in my RR and my Dad's circa late 60's SW tach

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Cleaned the Chrysler up yesterday and took a short 10 mile ride today couldn't resist any longer!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Not bad for most of the paint being the original paint! Turned a lot of heads on my short drive today especially when it was in the passing lane haha

My Chrysler will be in the survivor tent at the All Chrysler Nationals in Carlisle Pa July 11-13 for anyone that wants to come check it out

Great daily driver you have there.
Thanks, I happen to agree.

The PA boys sold me a really nice car. I threw an electric fan on for sitting in traffic & that's pretty much all she needed to be a daily.

How's that working out?
Works great. I just flip a hidden switch if the gauge goes over 180 and she stays under 200. Prior to the fan & thermostat, she'd get all the way up over 220.

I also have the timing set where she likes it too so that probly helps her stay cool. Helped big time with starts though...

Thanks, I happen to agree.

The PA boys sold me a really nice car. I threw an electric fan on for sitting in traffic & that's pretty much all she needed to be a daily.

I might have to do the same thing to my Polara - going to try the shroud first though. I have the exact same problem.

Just a good boiling out by a pro radiator shop will likely be all thats needed for an original 26" rad. Years of buildup in the cooling tubes will restrict the flow just enough to cause problems in extreme use, (ie. idling, slow speeds, long grades etc.) I've had great success with doing that ..... and cheap too.

The right way to install electric fans is to use upper and lower temp. limit switches.
But it's your car....

Posted via Topify on Android

Back