Chrysler road wheels

That is the 70-78 C Body road wheel with the later center. Here is my Polara with the earlier center.

Nessie in Driverway.jpg

Nessie in Driverway.jpg

Thus the classic Chevy pick-up truck wheel will work (5 x 5" bolt pattern version). Originally available in various different widths. Grab some 8" versions for the rear...

Chevy wheek.jpg

It will NOT fit without adapters of some sort. Imperial had a 5 x 5 inch bolt circle in 1970...road wheels were 5 x 4.5 inch (like the Chrysler and other divisions).

Chevy wheek.jpg

So this seemed like the "best" thread to piggy back onto re: road wheels.

I have the aluminum version that are not original to the car ... the previous owner installed them. I haven't heard of anybody else on here talking about aluminum wheels. Anybody know about them? What years, etc?
IMG_5103.JPG
IMG_2325.JPG

The wheels I have are in great shape and clear coated. They always clean up nice. I also like the absence of trim rings. These are stamped 15x6-JJ-10-30

Anyways, just looking for any info, thanks.

So this seemed like the "best" thread to piggy back onto re: road wheels.

I have the aluminum version that are not original to the car ... the previous owner installed them. I haven't heard of anybody else on here talking about aluminum wheels. Anybody know about them? What years, etc? View attachment 123495 View attachment 123496

The wheels I have are in great shape and clear coated. They always clean up nice. I also like the absence of trim rings. These are stamped 15x6-JJ-10-30

Anyways, just looking for any info, thanks.

Look like my 79 300 wheels without the trim rings all aluminum 15x6's...underneath the trim ring are the slots like road wheels

IMG_7041.JPG

With AMC "Volcano caps" by the looks of it. Those aluminum road wheels were 79-81 for R bodies (Cordoba was considered by Chrysler Corp to be an R body in 79).

Look like my 79 300 wheels without the trim rings all aluminum 15x6's...underneath the trim ring are the slots like road wheels

Interesting. now why did they go and put them plastic rings over the slots? Makes it look like a late 70s Granada wheel cover....kind of.

Mopar was the master at mix-n-match from the parts shelf. Even across boy lines.
ONE steering gearbox - 8,472 variations.

Back