Clay works

Meguiars3StepDeepCry1_400x400__94161_1356628789_400_400.jpg

It is the finishing wax of their deep Crystal System but it has the cleaner wax effect you mentioned.

Sounds like a "cleaner/wax" type of product. They do a little bit of polishing in addition to waxing.

I thought you'd wash it by Hand with a natural sponge. :D

I have a monthly deal for my Mercury at the local car wash. $25 month for unlimited washes... In fact, I just came from there.

But I digress.... The misunderstanding of polish and wax is common. The suppliers don't help either.... Some have been calling their polymer sealants "polish" when it has no abrasive or cleaning ability. My personal favorite, Zaino, does just that. I think they wanted to call it something different than "wax".

So... depending on what brand product you are using, everybody could be correct.

I tried a new product offered by a detailing shop that has outstanding results. Instead of a clay bar it's a clay baring mitt that fits on your hand. You simply spray a fine mist of McQuires detailing spray on a cool surface and go at it lightly. No swirls, streaks or micro lines and to do an entire car take about an hour. You can literally rinse the mitt (while still on your hand) repeatedly in clean water to flush contaminates off the surface. Unfortunately, they don't come in "south paw" orientation.

Nanoskin AutoScrub Fine Grade Wash Mitt

I tried a new product offered by a detailing shop that has outstanding results. Instead of a clay bar it's a clay baring mitt that fits on your hand. You simply spray a fine mist of McQuires detailing spray on a cool surface and go at it lightly. No swirls, streaks or micro lines and to do an entire car take about an hour. You can literally rinse the mitt (while still on your hand) repeatedly in clean water to flush contaminates off the surface. Unfortunately, they don't come in "south paw" orientation.

Nanoskin AutoScrub Fine Grade Wash Mitt

I saw that a couple weeks ago and was wondering about it. The price is a little steep.

I'd pay them a couple bucks more than that if they would "erase winter" on about November 1st. I like early spring's!

Dave. Just be glad 'n happy that you're not one of those that I used to see in the lot when I'd roll in way after dark that were on their kneez polishing and waxin' theit wheelz 'n lug nutz. Even the lot lizardz thought they were funny

Back