Cold Case is here to help

A word of warning to ColdCase. Where every radiator company falls down flat on their face in serving the Mopar community, is not only the radiator mounts, but in the mounts for the shroud. Nobody, but nobody has solved that problem. Including Champion.
Get the shroud mounts correct and you'll get the business, guaranteed.
Which is pretty amazing considering if they actually looked at an original radiator, they could figure this stuff out pretty easily.

and dont sweat the welcome wagon around here, they went pretty easy on you.

so far.

:)

and making product in USA (and no bullshite about it) will also go a long long way around here.

try not to die -

- saylor

Any progress on this? Thinking about a radiator with a big block conversion on my 70 Fury. I see C-body, but then no c-bodies listed when I click individual radiator for full description. Has anyone used one of these?
C-Body.: Cold Case Aluminum Radiators
All the models we have made are listed in both Dodge and Plymouth C-body sections of our website. We are not at the point where we can break it down by year and model. We're still matching applications based on size and configuration. If you can PM me the specifics of your radiator, I'm pretty sure we will have something that will fit right in. However, as one of the other contributors mentioned, if you want to re-use your original fan shroud, since they aren't reproduced for most C-body models, our hands are tied to testing shroud fitment. Pics and hole dimensions of the shroud would be a big help toward helping you C-body owners out.

I'm definitely in for one if you can find that one you have fits a 70 Sport Fury as well.

20171022_150859[1].jpg
I will send you a wasted 440 + AC radiator and the stock shroud if you will swap straight up for a radiator.

Hi Cold Case

1970 383 Sport Fury Radiator with AC (supposedly)

Part # tag at Core, 1260332, Made in USA. No part #s stamped on tanks.

(Note: did use stock mounts and provide adequate cooling for a stock 1969 440 non-HP motor that was mounted in my 1970 Sport Fury)

Measurements

Core

26.25 inches wide

17.25 inches high

2.0 inches deep

Tanks

27.0 inches wide, upper and lower

3.0 inches deep, upper and lower

2.5 inches high, upper; 1.75 inches high, lower

Mounting Brackets

1.125 inches wide, left side, 2.0 inches wide, right side

Fan Shroud

Mounts 1.0 inch to rear of core

Mounts are 1.0 inch wide

16.675 inches center to center, height between upper and lower mounting studs. Center of 3 studs on each side mounts exactly midway between the upper and lower stud

25.25 inches wide, center to center, horizontal measurement across studs

Ports, inlet and outlet

1.5 inch outer diameter, upper inlet port

1.75 inch outer diameter, lower outlet port

I’m sure that I have left out some measurements that are pertinent. I’m glad to take other measurements if you tell me what they are.
20171204_165817.jpg

20171204_165834.jpg

20171204_165844.jpg

20171204_165858.jpg

20171204_175051.jpg

20171204_175101.jpg

20171204_175115.jpg

20171204_175134.jpg

View attachment 155146 I will send you a wasted 440 + AC radiator and the stock shroud if you will swap straight up for a radiator.
View attachment 155146 I will send you a wasted 440 + AC radiator and the stock shroud if you will swap straight up for a radiator.
Saylor, 1970furyconv's pics look the same as your unit? Maybe you could inspect yours and see if you agree.
If yes, I would definitely consider your offer. You said the radiator is wasted. Is it twisted? What is the condition of the shroud? If in useable condition, we can confirm both the radiator and shroud fitment for future C-Body owners. Just to confirm, you are looking for just the radiator...not a complete kit, right? If yes, what is your plan for a shroud for the radiator since you are donating yours to us? :)

Hi Cold Case

1970 383 Sport Fury Radiator with AC (supposedly)

Part # tag at Core, 1260332, Made in USA. No part #s stamped on tanks.

(Note: did use stock mounts and provide adequate cooling for a stock 1969 440 non-HP motor that was mounted in my 1970 Sport Fury)

Measurements

Core

26.25 inches wide

17.25 inches high

2.0 inches deep

Tanks

27.0 inches wide, upper and lower

3.0 inches deep, upper and lower

2.5 inches high, upper; 1.75 inches high, lower

Mounting Brackets

1.125 inches wide, left side, 2.0 inches wide, right side

Fan Shroud

Mounts 1.0 inch to rear of core

Mounts are 1.0 inch wide

16.675 inches center to center, height between upper and lower mounting studs. Center of 3 studs on each side mounts exactly midway between the upper and lower stud

25.25 inches wide, center to center, horizontal measurement across studs

Ports, inlet and outlet

1.5 inch outer diameter, upper inlet port

1.75 inch outer diameter, lower outlet port

I’m sure that I have left out some measurements that are pertinent. I’m glad to take other measurements if you tell me what they are.
View attachment 155168
View attachment 155169
View attachment 155170
View attachment 155171
View attachment 155172
View attachment 155173
View attachment 155174
View attachment 155175
These pics are excellent. Between the pics and Saylor's samples, we should be able to create a correct version.

How long does it take to create/engineer a radiator? Just wondering
If we have to make a specific C-body that can use the original fan shroud, we'll probably have to make new mounting brackets for both the rad support and the shroud. The normal timing is as follows:
Make a sample- approximate 4 weeks
Have a customer confirm fitment
Upon approval, do a production run of x amount of units 6-12 weeks depending on the time of the year.

If we have to make a specific C-body that can use the original fan shroud, we'll probably have to make new mounting brackets for both the rad support and the shroud. The normal timing is as follows:
Upon approval, do a production run of x amount of units 6-12 weeks depending on the time of the year.
Excellent. If this is a go, then I'm in for one.

Hi Cold Case
My hope is that with my pics and saylor's radiator, you will have a big block AC radiator that is universal 1969-72. My 1973 radiator had inlet/outlet on opposite side. I am also not sure whether mounts at radiator support are same for 1965-68 radiators. Hope someone else chimes in so you can know how many years you can cover and thus estimate demand. Ben

If you do this, you will be the only one on the market that will be able to say that your radiator is guaranteed to fit and is specific to that model C-body.

Find the niche in the market and be successful over all the other same-old's, same-old's.

If you do this, you will be the only one on the market that will be able to say that your radiator is guaranteed to fit and is specific to that model C-body.

Find the niche in the market and be successful over all the other same-old's, same-old's.
The next step is for one or a couple of you guys to help us help you. We need the samples. Sounds like Saylor is going to help us out with a 68 Fury 26" AC radiator. We're ready to give it a try.

Back