Concours d'Elegance of America: C Body Muscle on the lawn...

Fury Pursuit

Reaction score
Home - Concours USA

This year at the Concours d'Elegance of America in Detroit/Troy Michigan, July 28th-29th, they will be featuring a class called "Forgotten/Lost Muscle Cars of America". Dave's 1971 Sport Fury GT Sunroof car, and the George Hurst/Linda Vaughn 1970 300/H Convertible will be on the lawn with other rare and hand built cars.

Apparently, the "Medowbrook Concours" or "Concours d' Elegance of America" is a big deal in the automotive world, and it's neat to have fuselage C Body MoPars be invited to a prestigious event such as this.

I just thought I would let you guys know in case you wanted to check out some amazing cars from 1920-1970. Dave and I will be parked next to each other,...come on by and check it out if you are in the area.

Home - Concours USA

Sport fury sunroof.jpg
300 hurst mcacn with Dave.jpg

Last edited:
Jezebelle was honored with an invitation to the "Concours d'Elegance of America in 2014. Ellie and I hade a great time participating in the tour and show. It will be worth your while to attend if you can.

DSC01179.JPG
DSC01247.JPG
DSC01245.JPG

Last edited:
As I recall, isn't that event held on the grounds of Meadowbrook, which is the old Dodge estate? Fitting that some great Chrysler products would be there!

CBODY67

As I recall, isn't that event held on the grounds of Meadowbrook, which is the old Dodge estate? Fitting that some great Chrysler products would be there!

CBODY67
Not anymore, it was moved to a country club in Novi by 2014.

Beautiful 300 Sir! Stunning.

That’s really neat, can you tell me about the show? I’ve not yet been to a Concours d’Elegance,...apparently it’s quite a big deal.

It is an invitation only event for high end original or restored to original configuration vehicles. Tends to be on the formal side with vintage outfits being very popular. Lots of fun and a rarely seen variety of vehicles.
DSC01249.JPG

What a nice show, I went the same year Will and Ellie were there with the 300 and got to meet them for the first time.

Very cool show, I would highly recommend it to anyone, my wife even enjoyed it and she is not a car show type of person.

I went to a similar style show with my grandpa when I was young, I'd go to re live some memories of the time we shared.

Last edited:
It does get kinda hoity-toity with the Duesy owners in the period correct outfits. It has the feel of the Pebble Beach show.
When it was still at Meadowbrook they would show a lot of the big 3 show cars. One year it had a couple of the GM jet cars.
The GTO I owned was invited to a Muscle Car Circle years ago. First time they allowed "modern cars" from the 60s on the lawn.

Back