Converting from RV-2 to Sanden

I would also caution you when flushing the evaporator core. When flushing mine I didn't notice any leaks, but I think I found where some denatured alcohol leaked out. I don't know if it had a leak previously or if I got too ambitious with the air to blow the brake clean and denatured alcohol through.

Fortunately I've got an extra AC box so I'll pull the core out of it and go through it to make sure it is fine before I pull the box out. That way I can do a swap and put it back together the same day. I'll probably do the heater core at the same time.

This is great. Getting my ducks lined up here. :thumbsup:

Ok, Ive read this thread a few times, visited both the Sanden and Bouchelon sites, and as I understand it, I need...
(1) SANDEN MODEL 4664 compressor. (replaces 9285)
(1) BPE 4700 bracket

for my 1976 440 w/a.c. and I've got everything I need. Yes? (other than new custom hoses and new belts).

This is great. Getting my ducks lined up here. :thumbsup:

Ok, Ive read this thread a few times, visited both the Sanden and Bouchelon sites, and as I understand it, I need...
(1) SANDEN MODEL 4664 compressor. (replaces 9285) I will admit ignorance here. I searched Sanden 508 v-belt 2 groove on ebay and selected the least expensive one. I followed your link and looked at it. It is from a series 7H15 instead of the 5H14. Were you able to confirm that mounting is the same?
(1) BPE 4700 bracket
This should be it.

for my 1976 440 w/a.c. and I've got everything I need. Yes? (other than new custom hoses and new belts).

I will admit ignorance here. I searched Sanden 508 v-belt 2 groove on ebay and selected the least expensive one. I followed your link and looked at it. It is from a series 7H15 instead of the 5H14. Were you able to confirm that mounting is the same?
Your 9285 is for R12 refrigerant. I want to use R134a

Yes, same mount
PicsArt_07-04-02.30.09.jpg
PicsArt_07-04-02.28.47.jpg

You gave me a bit of a scare I must admit. I'm not sure why the contradiction in information other than my unit wasn't made by Sanden.View attachment 131723
That scares me even more.
Only difference that I am aware of would have been seal materials, which would have upgraded to the 134 spec long ago... and the oil... I can't imagine any new compressor coming prepped for R12... I wouldn't worry.

The new car manufacturer's are putting R1234YF freon in to all new cars. My 300C has it. This freon is not compatible with anything else....and very expensive. $1000 for a 10 lb can. The feds are in the process of jacking up the price of R134A like they did with R12 forcing everybody to eventually use R1234YF. I'm told that the feds have determined that R134A is devastating to the O-Zone and it has to go. Google this nonsense on the internet and see for yourself.....

Well, back to our regular programing...

"This is great. Getting my ducks lined up here. :thumbsup:

(1) BPE 4700 bracket

for my 1976 440 w/a.c. and I've got everything I need. Yes? (other than new custom hoses and new belts)"

Well, back to our regular programing...

"This is great. Getting my ducks lined up here. :thumbsup:

(1) BPE 4700 bracket

for my 1976 440 w/a.c. and I've got everything I need. Yes? (other than new custom hoses and new belts)"
I have the mastercraft crimping tool... look forward to using it... just say when.

When............. will you next be in Northern Minnesota with tools in hand??
Sorry, can't say that's a trip I'd take on purpose... I packed a windbreaker for my July in PA trip... I'm a wuss and I know it.

So okay, I do have to admit, you need to get to the shop and that may well be a 100 degree differential...... but at -40 I don't go outside unless there's a serious, (life or death), need.

The new car manufacturer's are putting R1234YF freon in to all new cars. My 300C has it. This freon is not compatible with anything else....and very expensive. $1000 for a 10 lb can. The feds are in the process of jacking up the price of R134A like they did with R12 forcing everybody to eventually use R1234YF. I'm told that the feds have determined that R134A is devastating to the O-Zone and it has to go. Google this nonsense on the internet and see for yourself.....
Were getting ready for when we see the first of the R1234YF cars but the boss is dreading having to buy another machine. From what I have heard R134A will be around for quite a while because you can't retrofit a R134A system to R1234YF. Were still in the learning stages with R1234YF, there will be some classes in my future.

Back