Could Not Pass This One Up!

Moseman

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Bought this out of the Hoard in Big Spring. I have just loved the look of these 61's! It will have to be the big brother to all of my fusies. Debated buying one of the crapped out 2 doors and transplanting the guts of this, but I have too many projects and just too much work. Oh well, just have to love a four door! :thumbsup: Now to find some wheel covers!
rS7ym9zG1-pbWauuIw7cHDk8.jpeg
rS7ym9zG1-pbWauuIw7cHDk8.jpeg

What right-thinking individual COULD pass this up? It's Virgil-icious!

Bought this out of the Hoard in Big Spring. I have just loved the look of these 61's! It will have to be the big brother to all of my fusies. Debated buying one of the crapped out 2 doors and transplanting the guts of this, but I have too many projects and just too much work. Oh well, just have to love a four door! :thumbsup: Now to find some wheel covers!View attachment 492228 View attachment 492228
Awesome acquisition! I can’t wait to see it!

Got time today to work on the car. The trans push button panel was out, Spanky's gang said they were trying to replace the neutral safety switch. (It's not there! Sheesh) Okay, bought a new one just in case. Jacked up, pulled switch, it is good, put it back. Checked spark plugs, all were carboned up, replaced them. Replaced all plug wires. Hook up my starter switch, turned over very easy. Good sign. So, checked spark and good spark.
Poured some 40 to 1 gas/oil down the carb, and decided to give her a shot. "Bring the Thunder!" And she did! Started right up, and just purred away. One lifter clatter. Shut it down. Went to the tank, poured a can of Berrymans and a can of VP Octane/Lead additive. Dumped a can of ZDDP in the engine. (Engine oil looked clean, did not smell of gas, anti freeze was good, bright green) Started back up, and it runs great.
Good oil pressure and lifter clatter went away. Voltage spiked all over, but it settled down. (ordered a regulator today). Wipers run no matter what you do with the switch. Emailed Murray for a wiper switch. Need new wipers, gonna be hard to find. While parking brake on, punched in drive, and it worked. Tried reverse, got reverse. Fluid looks good, and really new.
I am happy. Will dump some Lucas in when I get brakes working.
Next is to pull the brake master, replace it, and bleed brakes. Pedal just goes to the floor. Got new tires this week. Waiting on wheel lug nuts, and wheel covers. Each wheel has either 2 or three nuts. Try to fine 9/16 LH lug nuts. Murray to the rescue!

Got time today to work on the car. The trans push button panel was out, Spanky's gang said they were trying to replace the neutral safety switch. (It's not there! Sheesh) Okay, bought a new one just in case. Jacked up, pulled switch, it is good, put it back. Checked spark plugs, all were carboned up, replaced them. Replaced all plug wires. Hook up my starter switch, turned over very easy. Good sign. So, checked spark and good spark.
Poured some 40 to 1 gas/oil down the carb, and decided to give her a shot. "Bring the Thunder!" And she did! Started right up, and just purred away. One lifter clatter. Shut it down. Went to the tank, poured a can of Berrymans and a can of VP Octane/Lead additive. Dumped a can of ZDDP in the engine. (Engine oil looked clean, did not smell of gas, anti freeze was good, bright green) Started back up, and it runs great.
Good oil pressure and lifter clatter went away. Voltage spiked all over, but it settled down. (ordered a regulator today). Wipers run no matter what you do with the switch. Emailed Murray for a wiper switch. Need new wipers, gonna be hard to find. While parking brake on, punched in drive, and it worked. Tried reverse, got reverse. Fluid looks good, and really new.
I am happy. Will dump some Lucas in when I get brakes working.
Next is to pull the brake master, replace it, and bleed brakes. Pedal just goes to the floor. Got new tires this week. Waiting on wheel lug nuts, and wheel covers. Each wheel has either 2 or three nuts. Try to fine 9/16 LH lug nuts. Murray to the rescue!
And this is only the beginning... :lol:

And this is only the beginning... :lol:
Yeppers, but it really surprised me. Most of my 72/73 Imperials were worse than this. Reupholstered seats, and good cleaning will really bring it back! Other than my 73 Carger, I am excited. I really look the classic looks, and it is black!

Back