Crusie control wire adjustment

bobfist

Reaction score
Hi
i wondering if someone can tell me how to adjust the cruise control wire correct on my 300 1970? Im reading the original manual but i cant still understand how they mean.
Having some problems with english sometimes.

Thanks

If you can please show some pictures of what you're dealing with Then I can tell you what you need to do with your car

If you can please show some pictures of what you're dealing with Then I can tell you what you need to do the n your car

ill take pictures.
its all original and its the play in the wire up by the carburator linkage i mean.

Hi
i wondering if someone can tell me how to adjust the cruise control wire correct on my 300 1970? Im reading the original manual but i cant still understand how they mean.
Having some problems with english sometimes.

Thanks

You mean the lost motion link?

http://vintage.mitchell1.com/PClubData/chassis/del77/V2D775050.pdf

It's been a very long time since I fooled with it so my memory is fuzzy, but if I recall correctly, the carb should be at idle speed, off the fast idle cam and adjusted for ~ 1/16" (.0625) clearance.

Why do you feel the adjustment is needed? Just curious.

CBODY67

There was ONE time I set the cruise on my '70 Monaco at about 60mph on the freeway. I had to get off of it to other surface streets, where there was a stop sign. I put the car in "1" and started off. At about 25mph, I punched "Resume" and it used all of its available throttle to get back to formerly-set speed. The quickness with which it did it scared me as I had to almost immediately do a manual upshift to "2" AND turn off the cruise. For the sake of back-to-back acceleration tests, that might be a good way to determine which upgrade/mod worked best, BUT only in a more controlled environment.

Whether or not the cruise will pull the throttle to WOT is determined by the available cable "pull" in the cruise control transducer. I kind of doubt there is enough stroke in the transducer to move the throttle that far, which is why the lost motion link is in the linkage . . . other than to allow to manually accelerate past the cruise control "set" speed, if needed, and not hurt anything in the cruise mechanism.

CBODY67

Back