Darn, that will cost me...

tbm3fan

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
For the last few weekends I was working on replacing the complete front end of my Park Lane. Everything from tie rods, to ball joints and to bushings. Learned a few things. Power brake hoses were last made for my car in the mid-80's.

Then the upper control arms are bolted through the shafts on top of the frame using two slots. The slots allow you move the shaft to adjust the caster and camber. The 13/16" bolts are torqued to 125-150 lbs. Naturally those took a 6' extension for me to break loose. One of the four bolts happens to be right under the master cylinder almost. So that took a swivel piece and two people so one could hold it steady and not hit the master.

Well when putting it back and making adjustments I apparently got too close to the master as I now noticed a leak down interface of the master and booster. Oh great now I am going to need a new master. Even better I see they are north of $100 before shipping! Do a search and see one on eBay so I click. It is the correct one and is $46 with free shipping and it is from a seller I have done business before. He buys dealer and store closings and sells the parts from many brands. Got many NOS Mazda parts from him like a $400 distributor for $50. Name is sparks-surplus.

rsz_raybestos_01.jpg
rsz_raybestos_02.jpg

It Looks well stored, from my personal experience I'd still take it apart to look at it and also would consider replacement of the grommets if high qualtity new production parts are available. I often had issues with leakage into the power Booster even with NOS parts.

Doubled wrapped in paper with not a single spot of rust anywhere on it but will take a look.

Back