Dash clock for a 65 Polara

Rexer

Reaction score
I am looking for a dash clock for my 65 Dodge Polara. The Polara, Custom 880 and Monaco all shared the same dash in 65 & 66. Does anyone know where I could find one?

Monaco's have the clock, but I have not seen the option in the Polara. it may have come as a part of the Monaco package.
Good luck in your search!

It was optional on Polara and Custom 880's.
Try eBay, but don't expect a used one to work, they probably quit working 50 years ago.

I may have a spare that is either working or can be repaired.
get me a part# as well so I can confirm it is the right one.
I'm off to NC this week so send me a PM to arrange this.

Last edited:
It was optional on Polara and Custom 880's.
Try eBay, but don't expect a used one to work, they probably quit working 50 years ago.
If you find one that doesn't work (most don't), send it to these guys to be fixed or converted to a quartz movement.

The Clock Works

I sent one in a couple years ago for repair and it's been running great ever since.

Murray Park has a used one for sale. Working operation unknown.

Murray B. Park is located in Ohio. Check out his website/store.
cbodies.com

I've had pretty good luck resurrecting old clocks.

If one isn't working most of the time one of two things has happened. Either the old oil in the mechanism has just gunked up enough to stall the works, or the winding coil is burned out.

If the coil is fried, you can actually rewind it, but most people probably aren't going to put that much work into one of these.

If you are lucky and it is just the old oil, a couple of doses of spray cleaner for electric motors should have the clock running nicely.

Thanks Cluley.
I have the same clock the OP is looking for in my Monaco. Next time i pull the gauges i'll try cleaning the clock works.

I've had pretty good luck resurrecting old clocks.

If one isn't working most of the time one of two things has happened. Either the old oil in the mechanism has just gunked up enough to stall the works, or the winding coil is burned out.

If the coil is fried, you can actually rewind it, but most people probably aren't going to put that much work into one of these.

If you are lucky and it is just the old oil, a couple of doses of spray cleaner for electric motors should have the clock running nicely.
I've never had that kind of luck with clocks.... Mine always seem to be a burnt out winding coil.

One thing that people don't know is if the clock is not keeping time, it is self regulating. All you need to do is adjust the time everyday and eventually the clock will adjust itself to where it keeps good time.

Thanks for all your help fellas. Polara_500 found one in his 65 Monaco parts car. This was a profitable discussion.

Back