Decent Pass Tonight

I dont have it for a performance car.... We got it because it looks good, its purple and it is the biggest, small thing dodge made. I wouldnt consider a 08 Magnum a performance car either they are set up the same way..... I want one of those

I drove all the old cars back in the day and I always thought if I ever had a chance to buy one new I would. I've been in faster cars than mine but that does not matter to me. I like the way it looks,runs,handles,etc. The NYB gets the attention of the older crowd and the srt the young group so I can't loose.

"We have the solution for the "wheel hop" issues that most manual transmission Challengers are experiencing.

Six speed owners can now benefit from the improved traction due to controlled wheel hop and share major handling improvements with automatic driven cars by eliminating the movement at the rear cradle mounts."

http://hopnot.net/HopNotStore/tabid/2127/Default.aspx

God damn consumer reports and all the rest of those half glove car test a-holes cry about NVH, so car manufactures put rubber in every bolt hole then the consumer has to go fix these problems because of a bunch of journalist spend 6hrs with a car and already had their story written before they sat in said car they just used it to go pick a bottle of some fufu wine. It a performance car dammit it should have Noise, it should vibrate in the 4-7000 rpm range and it should be as harsh as fresh cut piece of granite. Now poor Rush has to go and fix his new car. Hey Sergio tell the all the half glove car mags to shove it you are going to make a real car, save the rubbers for the 6 cyl cars. I feel better going to go work on my Barracuda its noisy.

Nice rant, Dave. :rolling:

Suspension, sway bars, etc. is one of the first things I did to my car. Game changer. But, as I said, if you eliminate the wheel hop & hook up hard, you will break an axle. LOTS of six speed owners have broken axles.

Personal best 60' time tonight, 1.49.... Gonna review the logs & try to do better tomorrow night.

You win or lose a drag race in the first 60' & it's a measure of how good the car hooks up.

My ET was 10.63 @ 128 MPH. Hot here today believe it or not & I haven't backed out any fuel yet. Two more good clean logs tonight...

You win or lose a drag race in the first 60' & it's a measure of how good the car hooks up.

My ET was 10.63 @ 128 MPH. Hot here today believe it or not & I haven't backed out any fuel yet. Two more good clean logs tonight...

Congrats Ross .. nice job

So they're giving $1.98 trophies out for "Best Traction".
What's next? "Longest Distance from Home to Staging Area"??

1/4 Mile E.T./M.P.H.

PERIOD!
These guy making the worse excuses why they didn't kick *** in the 1/4 overall.
"Oh, I'm still working on my So&So but my Brake Light On distance was down to a personal best"

Oh, and a serious :poke: by the way.

emoticonbigsmile.gif

Stan....the times (no pun intended) in the drag racing world have changed.

60' time is very important to every racer in every class....except the kids that are beating the **** out of Dad's car at the track on Friday nights. LOL!

:eek:ccasion14:

There's no ribbon for 60' time but the car with the better sixty wins most of the time. Take a tenth off your sixty & you make big ET gains.

Good sixty = lower ET at lower MPH. Bad sixty = higher ET at higher MPH.

I'm ribbing yah. I'm just jealous that you're doing stuff I couldn't do when I was your age.
I know the drag racing of today is very different. I did half a season with my Vette. It wasn't the same. I felt like an anachronism. Seriously, congrats.

Posted via Topify on Android

I'm going to Budd's Creek, Md. tommorrow to see the ProMod's again...

12-05-12.jpg

Back