Demonstrating my BendPak QuickJack BL-5000EXT

shooter65

Reaction score
I bought this last year and have been asked a few times about it so decided to do a few videos of the operation. I’m happy with it, I would have preferred a four-post lift but my detached garage was built by the previous owner for three smaller cars. This is the best I can do for my existing garage.

QuickJack Link

BL-5000EXT

Youtube Links

Video 1 -
Video 2 -
Video 3 -
Video 4 -
Video 5 -

Last edited:
I’m curious to see how yours works on your car vs mine on my 74 Fury. I’ll have to also take pictures & video.

Fixed it. I originally posted the youtube videos as Private but that wouldn't work as links on this site so I relented and posted my first public videos on youtube. :(

Fixed it. I originally posted the youtube videos as Private but that wouldn't work as links on this site so I relented and posted my first public videos on youtube. :(
I have none of mine listed as public. I use the unlisted option, anyone with the link can see it, so it works linked to a thread here, but it won't show up on a search.

Thanks for the video. First one like that I've seen that is not connected in the middle, which allows much greater flexibility of use. That style of body lift is used by many dealerships as it works great with the more modern vehicles with a flat rocker panel area. Cars that can be put on a huge forklift for moving them around at insurance auctions and such. MIGHT require "blocks" between the lift and rocker panel on some older cars?

Neat new "tool"!
CBODY67

Thanks for motivating me to write up my notes for my BL 7000-EXT.

This is how the lift points map out on my 74 Fury
20200531-150638135.png

This is how the jack pad openings overlay on the lift points when running in parallel.
20200531-151151789.png

This is how the jack pad openings overlay on the lift points when running in parallel.
20200531-151229632.png

I'll add some pictures and a video in a few.

To go with my jack I picked up larger rubber lift blocks for the contact pad areas vs the small sets that came with.

1E74E038-CC0F-4CD0-91D5-81855D6478BF.jpeg

Thanks for the post. I’ve looked at these online, and I’m interested. Two questions:
1. When they’re fully raised, do they give you enough room to work?
2. Are you confident they’re safe. I keep looking at videos but sometimes it looks like the car could go over sideways

For me:
1 - On my low profile creeper I can get under the car fine and do anything that needs doing that I’m capable of. I couldn’t pull the transmission though. I’ve done shocks, oil pan, brake work, and dropped the exhaust. It gives me more height than jack stands as well.

2 - They don’t seem unsafe to me. They also feel safer than jack stands. Again though, to me.

That said, if there was a way I could do a four post lift, I would.

edit: I’ll try to get some video and pictures of my 74 up on it later this week for comparison to the charger.

I agree with @jason99 I don't feel unsafe under mine, if you're concerned, you can use jack stands but if used properly, I think they're safer then jack stands.

As I said in the video, I've only raised mine to the first lock position and I can slide under the car for normal maintenance such as oil changes and tire rotation but I've got height restrictions. That's why I don't have an inexpensive 4 post. If I don't open the hood, I wouldn't have any problem raising to the second position and I'm sure I could use my seated roller to do brakes, shocks, etc. and use my creeper for exhaust etc.

Thanks, I bought all the blocks available from QuickJack, where did you get the large blocks, they seem to fit perfectly in the pans?

I got a set of the 1.5 and 3in blocks from this site:
Rubber Pads Archives - Car Lift Parts

They smelled terrible when I first got them, but I scrubbed them down and left them outside to offgas/air out for a few months and now they are fine. Width wise they fit perfectly in the pans and give a much wider contact point with the frame, which is mandatory according to the FSM for my car.

QuickJack also offers a cross beam adapter but you have to make sure all your blocks end up the same height. I may buy some of these additional accessories in the future for various projects.

Crossbeam Adapter
upload_2020-6-3_5-25-28.png

These look pretty cool and seem to work well.
So long as Horrible Freight doesn't get their hands on them.:rolleyes:

The crossbeam adapter interests me because it would make the life points line up better and I could also use it on my 05GTO which has staggered life points. Problem there is I think the beam adds so much extra height I couldn’t get it under either car.

Do you know the ground clearance of the GTO? My wife's Scat Pack is 4.6" and I'm guessing I would have enough room for the cross member. I can't say for sure but based on the amount of room I have when I slide the quickjack under the car, that would be my guess.

And some pictures of the contact points. I marked the front point and the rear area with a paint marker you can sort of see.
167BFF21-69DA-4072-8951-2DBE82E85FFE.jpeg
7A358FCF-50D7-4260-8669-05BC48E95B28.jpeg
18CD86F4-2AFA-4D99-8104-8B0B2A2FA37A.jpeg
08AF8C5A-56E2-44A5-88BF-59E9ACDBB1A1.jpeg
0EEFAC60-6D16-41F6-90E4-F2F4A94C7250.jpeg
CEC28BE1-4150-449F-856B-5FA25F6BA686.jpeg

Back