Detailing Engine Mopar Turquoise - Specifically

My ‘67 has the heater hose loop.

Oksy so, Mopar Turquoise best color for 69 B/RB bn locks, Eastwood and Bill Hirsch colors did not match, but are close know. clarifing.

Here is another example of Bill Hirsch paint. I was very happy with the color. I liked that I could buy it in a quart can so I could brush it on or spray it. I think they may have tweaked their color over the years.

By the way, my current booster is satin black like it should be. :)
FB_IMG_1537617274510.jpg

Oksy so, Mopar Turquoise best color for 69 B/RB bn locks, Eastwood and Bill Hirsch colors did not match, but are close know. clarifing.

Jury is still out on Eastwood. Someone would need to risk a few bucks for us to find out for sure.

The Mopar Performance turquoise looks to be a bit lighter/brighter than the Bill Hirsch. Research would need to be done to determine which is more accurate to the original.

Jeff

Hear is my orginal valve cover in the same lighting conditions. It does appear to be a little greener and lighter teal.
FB_IMG_1537638135988.jpg

Here is another example of Bill Hirsch paint. I was very happy with the color. I liked that I could buy it in a quart can so I could brush it on or spray it. I think they may have tweaked their color over the years.

By the way, my current booster is satin black like it should be. :)View attachment 215226

HOLY CRAP! So I order the Mopar Turquoise P4120752AB Engine Paint and NOT only does it NOT match the original color, it's NOT EVEN CLOSE! Even the cap color isn't close to the actual color. And here I thought if I stood by the Mopar product I couldn't go wrong. The closest color I found happens to be a FORD color as identified by VHT's SP1310007 - it looks to have more green in it.

Mopar Turquoise vs Original.jpg

Mopar-Turquoise.jpg

41RoTpBuUfL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

But when I went to the VHT web-site and pull up their colors, the pictured Ford 131 color does not even resemble the photo of the can I posted.

VHT Engine Enamel™ -- High Heat Coating

Last edited:
I had the same experience with a Mopar rattle can a friend gave me. It was way too blue also. I really like the Hirsch paint.

Jeff: The paint I used is from Bill Hirsch. I too think it looks spot-on. The picture of the engine you posted is certainly not even close to the color of the paint on my engine. Thanks!

What color from Bill Hirsch is that?

I'm very disappointed to see that the Mopar Performance color is so far off now. They must have changed suppliers at some time, which I think is evident in that they didn't even bother to get the cap color anywhere close. The cans used to have turquoise caps on them, not blue.

I'm sorry for steering you wrong on that. I had forgotten how old my Mopar turquoise paint is, somewhere around 30 years now. I used some about five years ago, and the can still sprayed fine.

IMG_6105.JPG

Since the Mopar paint is so far off now, it's a really good thing that Hirsch finally got theirs right. There would still be Eastwood and it looks like POR-15 sells Chrysler turquoise, but I'm still guessing that all three come from the same supplier.

Jeff

That part number changes up to P4120752AB but it is definitely not that green. Here is what that part # looks like on my 70....
upload_2018-9-25_9-56-4.png

upload_2018-9-25_9-56-4.png

It my be the lighting, but that paint looks pretty blue-ish to me. . .

Yup it is "Blueish" but it did match the original paint on the engine pretty well. That said I have seen mid 60's engines in original turquoise that are definitely greener. As it was not a "Concours" rattle can job I was satisfied with colour match.

Back