Detroit state of the city address 2024

detmatt

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I don’t even live in the city limit but I started watching Mayor Duggan’s yearly addresses early in his mayoral career(around 10 years now) and I now look forward to seeing them every year. I find them very inspirational and he continues to impress me. Go mayor Duggan, everybody he leans on to get things done and go Detroit!

I know it’s a tall ask but it’s well worth the watch.
State of the City | City of Detroit

I hear them talking a lot about the future of the Ren Cen on WJR. That building going up 50 years ago was seen as iconic or symbolic of a recovering Detroit, but now it's future is uncertain. But the restoration of the Michigan Central station is fantastic. And the new bridge, which gets NO COVERAGE in Canada outside of Windsor.

he has been a real good mayor.

hey, just saw there's a new GM HQ coming. the new "GM Hudson Bldg". Four minutes.

Feeling two ways.

Best news for downtown, and THAT site, in a decade of Duggan/locals accomplishments. Beautiful location, stunning new bldg.

ah, what now with Ren Cen? hope it finds a suitable alternative use when GM moves out next year. last thing they need now is that thing becoming a white elephant.

Is Detroit back? Hardly. Exceptional decade of progress? Absolutely.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I watched the last maybe hour. Was anything said about Belle Isle? Mitch Albom was mentioned briefly in connection to some project. Man what that guy went through a few weeks ago in Haiti. What he does for Detroit - he doesn't get enough credit.

Back