Did some trading today

Rapidtrans777

Reaction score
Cleaned up a bunch of scrap metal out of the shop and headed down to the local scrapyard.
20181002_102303.jpg
Traded it for this
20181005_202014.jpg
It came out of this.
20181005_122326.jpg
According to the pad stamp it's a 1977. Oil is still the color of honey. I guess it got changed just before it got scraped, lol.

Never seen a building quite like that but that would be awesome in the right kind of climate.Love the space and the light and you could set up an outside hoist for the dirty jobs that you don't want to do inside.

Well, looks like my rusty old two burner gas grill was on your trailer to the scrapyard!

You definitely traded up!!!!!

:rofl:

Florida...many many shops have a lift or two outside with a cover for rain and sun shade.

Some have a lift and no cover at all.

It’s kinda rare here in N. ala but common the further south you go.

Looks like you scrapped 2 third members???
Yup. I used to buy remans and turn in the old for cores. I can buy new eaton's for a couple hundred more than a reman with no core. Cores aren't worth the shipping costs for a rebuilder so I just save them for future horse trading at the scrapyard. This is the second 440/727 I've picked up that way. I've got a good Super 10 I took out and replaced with a new 18 speed. I cant give it away.
Florida...many many shops have a lift or two outside with a cover for rain and sun shade.

The open eaves let the air flow. Even though its 95° you have a breeze. I see you're in Madison. Beautiful up there. Our two oldest daughters (twins) live up there with their respective husbands and 4 of our grandkids. One lives in Madison, the other is in Merdianville.

Sweet, 1 or 2 of those manifolds on it? Those are what I used on my turbo setup

Rapid trans.... I was away for several days...how did you fare during the hurricane?

Hope all is well down there.

We dodged a bullet...it all went east of us here.

Rapid trans.... I was away for several days...how did you fare during the hurricane?

Hope all is well down there.

We dodged a bullet...it all went east of us here.
We are very fortunate. The eye passed about 90 miles east of us (Marianna, FL). We had some gusty winds and just over a inch of rain. About half our work goes to the areas severely damaged. A couple of our customers lumber yards got wiped out completely. Catheys Ace in Mexico Bch was destroyed. The roads have been cleared enough now so we can start hauling lumber down to Panama City tomorrow.

The local chrysler dealer shop is completely open. They have one bay door in the back to block the wind in the winter, but the front of the shop is completely open. Same with most of the other dealers around.

As mentioned it’s pretty normal to see the mom and pop type places like this, but was surprising to me to see the dealers this way too at first.

Back