Disc Brake Conversion

Mopar_Mudder

Reaction score
I see a couple of front disc conversions available. Does anyone make a 4 wheel conversion for a 1960 Fury?

I see a couple of front disc conversions available. Does anyone make a 4 wheel conversion for a 1960 Fury?
IMHO, You'll have more than enough stopping power just converting the front.
You're getting into too many aggrevating issues doing the rears also when the benefits are not there.
BTW, I'm not familiar with a front conversion kit for a '60. Have a link?

I converted a 1958 Plymouth to discs using factory parts. I had to swap out the spindles and then use all the parts that go with them. It was over 20 years ago, and I can't remember which spindles I used. I think they were from an Aspen/Volare. Maybe someone on here will remember and chime in.

Just my 2 cents with my 64 NY, but I tried all kinds of braking options, spent more money than I should have, and ended up using hydroboost. Unbelievably great stopping power with the disc/drum I converted to. I had drum/drum, bought the Scarebird kit to convert the front to disc's, didn't have enough vacuum due to the bigass camshaft I stuffed down her throat, used an electric vacuum pump that worked intermittently, scrapped that, and ended up with hydroboost. Shoulda, woulda, coulda, done it from the jump. Easy to set up, install, and the braking psi was just what I needed to get it to stop like a modern car.

FJM Spindles: Ever see Fury Jims Album on them? Facebook You will have to shorten the Tie Rod adjustment sleeves 1/2'' or so. Use Solid High stength sleeves from Addco or PST. Mod of strut bar also.
1692318473742.jpeg

Has anyone used the oldmoparts kit. Looks way simpler as a direct bolt on then what others are suggesting.

Just my 2 cents with my 64 NY, but I tried all kinds of braking options, spent more money than I should have, and ended up using hydroboost. Unbelievably great stopping power with the disc/drum I converted to. I had drum/drum, bought the Scarebird kit to convert the front to disc's, didn't have enough vacuum due to the bigass camshaft I stuffed down her throat, used an electric vacuum pump that worked intermittently, scrapped that, and ended up with hydroboost. Shoulda, woulda, coulda, done it from the jump. Easy to set up, install, and the braking psi was just what I needed to get it to stop like a modern car.
Would you have any information on the parts you used and the installation , this sounds interesting

no I used the factory power brake booster.

And i used a dodge 80s truck master cylinder with 1 1/8 size to handle the fluid volume

Would you have any information on the parts you used and the installation , this sounds interesting
I bought the hydroboost setup off ebay, and I bought a power steering filter for it as well. I think the kit came with the lines, fittings, pretty much everything. The filter kit was from CCP if I recall (also bought through ebay).

Scarebird supplied me with the front disc brake setup.

going to use 75 chrysler imp 4 wheel disc brakes and booster setup on my 64 300c , spindles out on the front and convert the rear axles for one piece axles and then install the rears from that imp 9 1/4 re . here is some mods to get the front setup on the suspension and steering .

MVC-005S.jpg

MVC-013S.jpg

MVC-018S.jpg

MVC-023S.jpg

Yeah,
going to use 75 chrysler imp 4 wheel disc brakes and booster setup on my 64 300c , spindles out on the front and convert the rear axles for one piece axles and then install the rears from that imp 9 1/4 re . here is some mods to get the front setup on the suspension and steering .

View attachment 612505

View attachment 612506

View attachment 612507

View attachment 612508

that's nice and I've seen that previously. I didn't have a torch, so I went with what's listed above. As long as they stop, that's what matters!

it's just nice to have factory stuff instead of a frankinsten . but i build frankies all the time , just keep a list of what parts you used and what you modified .

Exactly, and oddly enough @pomonamissel even though I hail from New Hampshire, the wife and I happen to currently be in San Jose visiting friends. We just left San Pedro Market Square and are headed to J Town
it's just nice to have factory stuff instead of a frankinsten . but i build frankies all the time , just keep a list of what parts you used and what you modified .

wow , my shop of sorts is in the down town area . kind of a poor day tobe in sunny san jose . if you and the wife wish , you could down in . its not a pretty place for visitors . i'm at 570 auzerais ave san jose ca 95126 . currently building a gate for my rental next door to my shop . welcome if you wish . already had one c bodies member come over from the land down under . i'm the old dude without hair , lol .

DSC00991.JPG

DSC00990.JPG

wow , my shop of sorts is in the down town area . kind of a poor day tobe in sunny san jose . if you and the wife wish , you could down in . its not a pretty place for visitors . i'm at 570 auzerais ave san jose ca 95126 . currently building a gate for my rental next door to my shop . welcome if you wish . already had one c bodies member come over from the land down under . i'm the old dude without hair , lol .

View attachment 612512

View attachment 612513
Sounds fun to me, we're gonna grab some food from J town and then head over, ok if we get there at 430?

Back