Disc Brake Conversion

no issues here , tell you what , you can keep in touch if you care to . oh ya i keep the door closed , so call me so i know who's here , and here is my cel 408-528-5501 paul massaro

DSC01755.JPG

great meeting up with another member and a plus of meeting your wife and beautiful little girl , yes maybe next time i'll have a machine ready for a ride . and again any time your in town look me up .

hey bud here is a couple pics of the engines in those two orange trucks . the 64 d100 , and than the 69 d200 crewcab , and the 60 d100 , the 60 is getting this put on it a 6 71 setup , more used parts , lol .

DSC09262.JPG

DSC09263.JPG

DSC01048.JPG

DSC01384.JPG

DSC03451.JPG

DSC03746.JPG

DSC03770.JPG

DSC03771.JPG

DSC03773.JPG

DSC03774.JPG

oh ya i forgot here is those rear wheels for the 60 . plan on drilling through from one side to the other and using long fasteners to help hold the two halves together not counting on those welds totally .

DSC03968.JPG

DSC03969.JPG

DSC03970.JPG

I'm diggin that setup man, and good luck with those welds lol! I've always been curious about those 6 and 871 setups. Do you just slap them on or do you need a lower lift cam, lower compression setup, etc.? Could I slap one on my 505?

well cr must be low like 7 or 8 to 1 , motorhome motor , cam needs to have no overlap as well or just a minor amount , opening the exhaust valve while the intake is opening lets hot exhausts back into the cylinder , the blower makes the boost to cylinder pressure . no need to use termal expansion . plus the valve springs need more return pressure , so the valves shut under the psi load . a 6 71 makes around 420 inches of air each time it turns once , a 8 71 makes like 560 inches of air at the same rotation . so you must account for that , and the heat that it makes compressing the air starts at idle and builds from there , i'm going to use e85 104 octane fuel , that much alk or eth to the little bit of gasoline should make it run cooler than straight gas . and of course the cylinders need tobe o ringed to help the head gaskets seal under heavy loads of boost . on the street 6 to 10 lbs of boost is plenty . and if you set up your drive pulleys right for driving than to make more boost , just swap pulleys from crank to snot and overdrive it some to make more boost and of course more power and heat as well . that's a 6 71 on a 55 chrysler 301 poly block with 55 hemi heads . so i will spin the blower way slower the crank speed , plenty of boost at low blower rpm makes less heat as well .

DSC01695.JPG

DSC03449.JPG

going to use 75 chrysler imp 4 wheel disc brakes and booster setup on my 64 300c , spindles out on the front and convert the rear axles for one piece axles and then install the rears from that imp 9 1/4 re . here is some mods to get the front setup on the suspension and steering .

View attachment 612505

View attachment 612506

View attachment 612507

View attachment 612508
You may want to investigate replacement parts availability on those Imperial rear discs before you commit to that path.

My understanding is they are made of unobtainium.

Kevin

Back