disc brake swap.

65fury4dr

Reaction score
hello to all.. i own a 65 plymouth fury 3 four door and im looking to make it a little safer by swaping to front disc brakes ad im not wantig to buy a 1000 dollar disc brake kit. any help ad info would be most appreciated thank you..

Yes, there are a number of kits available from several providers. A quick search will turn them up, with Scarebird being one.

But if your stated goal is really your goal, then a set of properly adjusted and maintained drum brakes will be pretty safe.

Hi, I've been looking on the Scarebird website but only see the adapter brackets...is there a kit too....where do they say to use a Camaro flex hose? Thanks.

go ahead and comment some more so i can get done approving your posts David ;)

Ahh...is that why there's a delay?!?

Yes .. allows us time to run a background check and plot your exact location LOL.

I think you should be good to go now .. you check out

columbo.jpeg

Ok so ford rotors, dodge calipers but where did u see the camaro flex hose part of it? Thanks again for your help
You will get a parts list when the brackets come in the mail plus instructions it is pretty idiot proof 80 Camaro brake Hoses 70 Galaxie Rotors 94 Dodge 1500 Calipers and it tells you what bearings to get it etc etc, it is just a awesome kit.

You will get a parts list when the brackets come in the mail plus instructions it is pretty idiot proof 80 Camaro brake Hoses 70 Galaxie Rotors 94 Dodge 1500 Calipers and it tells you what bearings to get it etc etc, it is just a awesome kit.

Oh that explains it. The full items needed list comes with brackets. Awesome. Well thanks ill prolly buy this on my next pay day. How did you like this setup?

Oh that explains it. The full items needed list comes with brackets. Awesome. Well thanks ill prolly buy this on my next pay day. How did you like this setup?
Well I am still putting my car together but the brackets are great quality CNC machined real thick Steel and has 2 nuts on each plate welded for the Calipers to bolt to I would get it when you get the money totally Recommended.

Also you get peace of mind knowing if you drive the car hundreds of miles from home and the caliper starts leaking, or the bonding on the Chinese brake pads you put on starts failing, both parts are available at the local auto parts and or the local shop. Baer, Wilwood , and others are cool at a car show not so much when on a trip with your classic car and you are waiting for the U.P.S. man.

Back