disc brake swap.

I took a while to get around to it but finished fitting my Scarebird kit last week and must say that I am very pleased with it. The brackets are really well made and everything fits together nicely.....car stops well too, especially after all the new brakes bed in a little (I fitted new/larger rear drums & shoes too).

I took a while to get around to it but finished fitting my Scarebird kit last week and must say that I am very pleased with it. The brackets are really well made and everything fits together nicely.....car stops well too, especially after all the new brakes bed in a little (I fitted new/larger rear drums & shoes too).
That's awesome wish you took some pictures though.

Scarebird just emailed me pics and parts list for c body front disc brackets. I thought you only got it if you purchased the brackets first but no they gave it to me. List looks simple enough

You will get a parts list when the brackets come in the mail plus instructions it is pretty idiot proof 80 Camaro brake Hoses 70 Galaxie Rotors 94 Dodge 1500 Calipers and it tells you what bearings to get it etc etc, it is just a awesome kit.

How long is the '80 camaro brake hose? Is 15" the standard length? I'm doing a front disc converstion on my C-body and the hose is a tad short IMO. It could use and inch or two extra length.

How long is the '80 camaro brake hose? Is 15" the standard length? I'm doing a front disc converstion on my C-body and the hose is a tad short IMO. It could use and inch or two extra length.
If that is to short try 79-85 Caddy Eldorado they are 17 inch.

If that is to short try 79-85 Caddy Eldorado they are 17 inch.

Looked up the brake hoses for an Eldorado on RockAuto and they list some hoses that have a different type of end connector for the caliper side. Sort of looks like a flat banjo type fitting?

However I did find a Raybestos 4534468 that DOES have the same type of caliper end connector as mine, but the description states for LEFT FRONT. The info does NOT state the length of the hose. Besides with this type of hose and fittings there needn't be a LEFT or RIGHT as they're both the same arn't they? I don't think there is a difference or is there?

67-Fury, you replied to my PM "You want the banjo end fitting the length of the hose should be 17 Inches and im not sure if there is a difference im thinking there shouldn't be between left and right get the Raybestos there stuff is made in the U.S.A so its not crap lol"

If I understand you correctly you're saying the hose with the banjo fitting would be 17" end to end.... BUT I need the type of hose without the banjo fitting which would be the Raybestos
4534468. The info doesn't state the length of 4534468 nor does the Raybestos site even list it as a part. Don't want to order it and find it's still only 15".

Need to have someone chime in who knows of a 17" hydraulic brake hose that has the same end fittings as what a chrysler uses.

Current hose kinda tight (but it's pictured at full lock) -

2015-05-30 17_opt.jpg

2015-05-30 17_opt.jpg

On my instructions it says to use the Caddy Eldorado hose from 79 85 so I guess that means they already tested it and proved it works it says its 17 inches long The calipers I am using off of Dodge Ram use the bajo type fitting they gave me 2 banjo bolts.

View attachment 53654[/QUOTE]I don't know if you have the hose mounted correctly it seems like the rubber hose should be on the bottom and the steel line on top it looks like it is strained.

Back