Disk Brake Identification

Sport

Reaction score
I have 2 sets of what I believe are C body disk brakes. One set I believe is from 68 and the other is from 73. I believe this because of the style of rotors they have. The attached pictures are of the early ones. Any help will.be greatly appreciated.
20220820_144035.jpg
20220820_144048.jpg

Those would appear to be '69-'73 single piston calipers from a C-body. '68 still used Budd dual piston calipers. If the rotors are 11", that is a c-body setup.

Dave

Thanks Dave! I sold the other set to a young man for his 65 Sport Fury. He is having issues finding balljoints. I have looked everywhere and all I find is a screw in balljoint similar to the uppers. They do use a one pieces ballpoint like the earlier ones, correct?

Sport,
And ----- they N E V E R used screw in / threaded Ball Joints --- that is your useless internet for you....
You are a newbie to this site, according to your messages --- I have the " C " body Lower Ball Joints--- and, the Entire Front End components....

P.M. me, as per forum rules, if interested...... Craig.....

Thanks Dave! I sold the other set to a young man for his 65 Sport Fury. He is having issues finding balljoints. I have looked everywhere and all I find is a screw in balljoint similar to the uppers. They do use a one pieces ballpoint like the earlier ones, correct?
Ball joints are the same from '65-'73 with one important exception: '65-'68 cars with the Budd dual piston disc caliper system use a unique ball joint. Those are very hard to find as they have been out of production for over 30 years. I think Craig@mobileparts might still have some of the lower ball joints for the cars that used the Kelsey-Hayes single piston calipers. (He is a vendor on this site)

Dave

Back